Chapter 6

Sitting on a swing in front of a house, I was expecting Thea and our best friend Sam. Samb usually works as a psychology professor in the university. He lives near the building in which Thea works as a t.v. journalist.

We've been trio since high school. Thea is the voice of reason, Sammy is a team leader, support and a balance, while I was always a problem. Crap like offenses, running away from home, skipping classes were always caused by me. Going out for parties on four different ends of town, jumping into relationship and then crying about it and relentless drunkenness out of same reasons – it was all endured by these two wonderful creatures and secrets never existed between us. We always talked about everything no matter the difference in genders. I can also add that we would pretend to be new girlfriends, ex-girlfriends, jealous girlfriends to our dear Sammy, because Sammy is a handsome guy and many girls tend to pine for him while we would get roles to play according to the situation. Whenever any new girl would appear that Sammy couldn't be able to shake off, we would jump in to help. That is why he would never introduce us with his girlfriends – He needed us to get rid of them in case he's not able to shake them off. Blue eyes, black hair and a baby face always worked with ladies and we would always get stopped by them if they would happen to see us in town with him, asking for his number and so on. In short: ladies would envy and resent us both for ourselves alone and for his friendship with Sammy.

I heard the car pulling over next to my house and I was longingly waiting for them. They were already deep in a conversation and as much as I could hear Thea updated Sam on recent events.

- "And so, I pulled her out of there but Adrian noticed us either way and found us outside."

Adrian... So that unrealistically pretty bastard is called Adrian. That's right! How did I forget? Thea has two brothers. Older one is Allen who I met and the one I never met before – Adrien Park.

"You arrived! What would you like to drink? Would you like to stay and sleepover?"

- "That would be perfect! And tomorrow we could go to the newly opened disco, if you agree."

"Sammy already planned out the entire weekend for us, I see."

- "Better for me to plan it for you than to have you plan it on your own, Cinderella."

"Ah, you heard about that."

He heartily laughed

- "I heard you met my future colleague."

"Who?" I asked confused "Who are you talking about?"

- "Aah, sweet-cheeks hasn't heard the happy news?"

- "She doesn't, we didn't talk about him."

- "Hornet's going to university."

- "He's going to study psychology." She added.

Psycho-Hornet. Sweet Lord, that's too much.

- "By the way: How did Cinderella react? He is the kind of a guy that our girly here likes."

"Don't start with your psychological evaluations."

- "Why love? Could I be mistaken perhaps?"

Ah, how he knows me, that little thurd.

"You little turd." I said trough my teeth, turning my head to the other side so they wouldn't see me smiling. Thea smiled and stood up.

- "Wait. How did I miss that?"

"What do you mean? This guy clearly doesn't know what he's talking about. And how do you know what he looks like?"

- "Of course I know! Because he studies in university I am in, and I happen to be teaching him."

Well, this is too much.

"And according to our short encounter in front of the disco while I was in a drunken state, you assume that I like him? – Nonsense!"

- "Even more interesting it is that you were drunk cause if I happen to know you well, and I do – You've been eating him with your eyes. And if this voice of reason wasn't there to stop you, who knows what he would hear from you."

- "Or see." Added Thea

"Exaggeration. There is no way I would have acted like that. And after all, even if that is the case, what gives you the idea that I would like him?"

- "Fact number one: Every woman would like him because he is handsome. Fact number 2: He has a nice face. Fact number 3: The sex-appeal is oozing out of him. Fact number four: he's younger and we all know you love to turn a blind eye on the age difference."

- "Sometimes and almost always." Added Thea

"Lies." I replied again in my defense. They just laughed and Sammy continued:

- "And fifth but not least: your friend who is a pretty guy himself.."

"Unquestionable."

- "Says for him that he is a sex walking and I'm not gay or someone who would say something like that easily for other men. The conclusion is that I'm 100% sure that if you have not fallen for him yet, you will."

"Nonsense again. I would say that those are just misconceptions of your profession."

- "Minimaxy, he's the type of a guy you'd choose even in the dark. I didn't say you'd be with him just because you happen to like him. In either way, I heard something from Thea about his character - he would be the end of you."

"Lies again."

- "Yeah, yeah and considering her character it's a tough chance that anyone would survive in that match. After all, he's a king of troubles that I wouldn't want you to have anything to do with him."

"Can I just stop you guys right there? Bigger unbased nonsense I haven't heard in a long while! The guy is arrogant, rude and particularly insufferable. I saw him for like five minutes and what he said as he threw my sandal away topped it all off."

- "Ah, so that struck you, interesting..." Concluded Sammy "So it stung you when he said that he would be in a role of prince charming by retuning your sandal, and him throwing your sandal away shut down every possibility for that – That's why you're in a rut."

"Get out of my head right this moment!" I shouted "I'm warning you."

They were stunned for a moment and then burst into laughter.

- "She wasn't even aware of that!" said Sammy

"If you are done with nonsense, we should get something to eat. Your brainwashing is making me all starved."

- "Minimaxy, you know we love you."

"I know, that's why you're set on driving me nuts."

- "Anyway, about tomorrow night.." Continued Thea "When are we heading out? What are we wearing?"

Those little turds..- I watched them- They have no idea!

Me? Liking him? Me liking Hornet? Never!

Among the Mirabilis(Part one of the trilogy)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें