Chapter 13

- "Girls...?" Sammy called out "Time to go."

"You're beautiful!" I stood there watching Thea in awe. She was wearing a short silver dress with sparkles and silver sandals on her good-looking legs

"My sweet, you look absolutely and without exaggeration divine!"

- "Thank you Minimaxy."

"I really mean it. And I wish you'll meet someone tonight who'll be there for you for every morning from now and who you'll love for the rest of your life. You really deserve it."

- "Stop it, Lucia. You'll make me cry."

"Have I ever told you something like this before?"

- "Never."

"Am I someone who would usually say these things?"

- "No. You're not."

"So?"

- "Thank you and I love you too." She smiled

- "I love you all as well but can we speed up a little bit so we don't lose our reservation? By the way Thea, the way you look tonight makes me regret that we're friends. Can we forget that we know each other just for tonight?" he winked at her and Thea started to blush.

"Sammy!" I shouted "You charmed her!"

We all smiled and laughed as we came down the stairs, headed towards the car.

"What about me? You didn't say anything about me you male trash!" I playfully shouted pretending to be offended while going after them "Hey! You two look like a couple that's about to smash! Do you hear me?" They laughed out loud.

- "Your hair seems nice." Shouted Sam without turning around.

"Ha! You overdid yourself! I got goosebumps from receiving such compliments from you! Cheeky!"

My hair was wrapped in a classic bun. I wore a big ring and long earrings with sparkled bits on them. Red rouge and eyes edged with eyeliner, that's my favorite style by which I wear makeup – The everyday style, that is. - Ah never mind!

Sweet Lord! This looks divine! - The entire town was shining in a New Year's style but the disco topped it all off. It was out in the open with a lot of disco balls of all sizes and a huge glass statue of a martini glass set and secured on a high pedestal so that some mindless drunk (For example, potentially me) wouldn't knock it over. All looked wonderful with an open sky above us.

It was impossible to leave without having an impression of the place. The DJ played all my favorite songs as if I picked them myself.

"I am starting to like everything about this, everything is so perfect!" I blabbed, squeezing Thea's arm "I am feeling something in the air! Some kind of stage fright in me – I am completely over the top with anticipation."

- "Everything she just said is a one bad sign, you know that right?" She turned to Sammy.

He just looked at me and wiggled his brows up and down

- "What should we hope from you tonight Minimaxy?"

"Don't listen to her Sammy. You know me!" I smiled innocently and drew an invisible circle around my head like an angel's halo.

- "Of course I know you, that's what I'm afraid of!"

"Ugh, little turd." I hit his back lightly "What gives you an idea that I'll be setting any kind of craps tonight? I am a mature girl, it is time for you guys to shine and for me to be there for you." I stretched my smile as wide as I could.