Kit

The party winds down around 2am and once everyone has either left, or crashed, I get started cleaning up. The house is an unbelievable state but I'd rather clean it now than tomorrow morning. I change into my pyjama pants and rinse my hair before getting to work.

It doesn't seem like a chore with the chipper mood I'm in and by 4am the place is basically back to normal. I collapse onto the sofa and let my mind wander back to Clara. I grin to myself in disbelief, not being able to believe that I actually spoke to her.

Granted, I spoke to her as Danny Zuko instead of Kit Taylor, but I spoke to her all the same.

I fight the fatigue, determined to re-live every moment of this evening.

She was pretty wasted when she found me. I had dutifully been keeping her in my line of sight, but I hadn't dreamt of her seeking me out. I close my eyes and picture her face, the softness of her skin against mine.

I can't believe how lucky I am.

I'm sad at the idea that she might not remember tomorrow, and even sadder still that 'Danny' has to disappear.

Talking to someone who's drunk is easy, especially when you've had some liquid courage too. But sober is another matter entirely. I try desperately to cling on to consciousness, but the dream world pulls me in and I'm helpless to resist any longer.