Introduction

She is, without a doubt, the most beautiful person I have ever had the pleasure of setting eyes on. Her eyes seem to...shine when she's on stage, a strange sort of thrill running through her expression. She thrives in the spotlight and I'm not surprised.

Someone like her belongs in the spotlight.

The audience loves her and again, I'm not surprised. They clap for her, cheer for her but it doesn't get to her. She smiles humbly, as if she's listening to a different sort of tune that no one else is privy to. She doesn't hear abrasive claps and crude whistles, she hears something far more beautiful; it's painted across her lovely face.

I am also completely out of her league, but that doesn't stop me from appreciating her.

I allow myself to see her once, every year. The first time I saw her, I was only fourteen years old. I wasn't old enough to appreciate her talent but I still knew that there was something there, something different. That was the moment I had realised that she was mine; my soulmate.

The connection between souls isn't something that can easily be mistaken and I wasn't. You feel it when you look in their eyes, you feel it in your soul, tying you to another spirit forever.

The next time I saw her was a year later and even though she had aged, she was still just the same. She's always been captivating, but recently more people have started to notice. They notice the way her hair shines, the way her voice ascends and descends in perfect waves. They notice the way her clothes cling to her body and the way her smile seems so alluring.

Her name is Clara.

I only see her once a year, it's all that I can bear but it's by far the best day of every year. I've watched her grow, her talent emerging and noticed as every year she is given bigger and better roles in her dance productions. She's confident and kind, sassy and smart, or so my sister says.

She's like an angel, almost not real. Perhaps that's why I can't bear to let myself see her more than once a year, for fear that she might become real. For now, I'm content for her to remain between the realms of fantasy and reality. She's everything that I am not and even the mere thought of speaking to her has my heart racing, my palms sweaty.

I was diagnosed with social anxiety when I was fourteen too. It was simultaneously the best and worst year of my life. I found my soulmate and also condemned her to a life with me. I feel anxious when I feel someone watching me on the street, just at the thought of eye contact with someone I don't know. And when I see those charity people on the street trying to talk people into giving them money... I shiver at the thought. They are my personal hell.

I've learnt how to deal with it though. I'm almost permanently listening to music; a vain attempt to distance myself from everything. Sunglasses, hoodies and avoiding eye contact also help keep the rest of the world at bay.

It's not healthy and it's definitely not normal. I can barely maintain the friendships that I have now, how am I supposed to cope with speaking to a girl like Clara? I can't, and I won't. I'll keep my distance, I'll admire her from afar, because even though she has plenty of admirers already, I don't think that anyone admires her quite in the way I do. She leaves me breathless.

I won't pull her into my life, into the shadows that I blend into everyday in hopes of getting by. She belongs in the sunshine, and that is where she will stay.

_

a/n Hello beautiful people, it's been a while. This has been a work in progress for a long...long time. But, just as with everything else, it's my baby. Who doesn't love a soulmate au, hm? 

I hope you enjoy, I'll be posting regular updates and as the draft is officially finished, I can also guarantee that this story will be completed. lol. I have such low standards at this point I would give up all earthly possessions to finish stories.

Please like, comment and follow to keep up with the story of Kit and Clara, and if you like what you're seeing so far, why don't you go and check out my other stories? Go on, you know you wanna.

Thank you all

Francesca x