Clara

All week I have been looking forward to Kia's sleepover. We hold these kind of sleepovers all the time, but this is the first time we have ever been invited to Kia's house.

The other girls chitter excitedly in the changing room, untying their ballet shoes and changing out of their leotards.

"I can't wait for this evening, Kia said her parents were going away for the weekend so we'll have the whole house to ourselves!" Jamie says, stuffing her things into her bag.

"Is that why she wasn't at rehearsal today?" Rebecca asks, glancing at me and I nod.

"She wanted to be there to say goodbye and tidy up a bit for this evening." I explain.

"She shouldn't be missing rehearsals." Leah says spitefully and I roll my eyes.

"Don't be mean, Leah. Kia works harder than half of us here, she can afford to miss a rehearsal." I say, watching her scoff.

"I wouldn't want to go to her house anyway, her brother is a freak. I wouldn't want to be anywhere near him." She mutters. Amy, Rebecca and Jamie all look at each other and smirk, rolling their eyes and bursting into fits of giggles.

Leah leaves promptly and I frown.

"What was that about?" I ask, still watching the door after her swift exit. It takes a lot to ruffle Leah's feathers.

"Leah's had a crush on Kia's brother for just about forever." Jamie explains and Amy sighs.

"I don't blame her, he's so gorgeous, it shouldn't be allowed." Amy chimes in and I laugh.

"What? You guys never told me this!" I exclaim, slumping down on the bench.

"You and Kia are usually together, it would be super weird to tell Kia that we think her brother's hot." Rebecca says sheepishly, shrugging her shoulders.

"I always forget you haven't seen him, it's definitely an incentive to switch schools." Jamie says with a suggestive wiggle of her eyebrows.

"I would if I could, but you know my parents." I mumble, wishing that I had the opportunity to go to school with these girls. My dance friends are the only true friends I have.

"Hey, we wish we were smart enough to get into a private school." Amy says, nudging me and I grimace. I wish I had been allowed to go to public school I think inwardly.

My all-girls, private school is strict and posh. We have uniforms, a swimming pool and even a lacrosse team. My parents worked tooth and nail to get me into that school, wanting only the best for me. I don't have the heart to tell them that I hate it, and that I will never fit in.

We leave the studio together and walk towards Kia's house, but I'm not finished with this conversation.

"So, seeing as I have no idea, tell me about Kia's brother." I say, changing the subject quickly.

Jamie laughs, linking her arm with mine.

"He's really tall, but looks a lot like Kia. Dark hair and eyes, wears dark clothes a lot too." Amy says.

"They're twins you know." Rebecca says and I nod, already knowing this.

"So, he's a 'bad boy'." I assume, watching their expressions. Jamie frowns and Amy shakes her head.

"Not at all, he's really quiet. He barely talks to anyone, just keeps to himself mainly. He's insanely smart though, I was in his physics class last year and nearly cried at the final exam. He's in all advanced classes this year too." Jamie says matter-of-factly.