Clara

Saskia bounds into our changing rooms at the dance studio, a huge smile on her face.

"What? What is it? What have you done?" I ask suspiciously, eyeing her up and down.

"I would like to officially invite you to my 18th birthday. We're doing a Halloween theme." Saskia says, buzzing with excitement and I grin, already dreaming up what I want to dress up as.

"Oh my god, Sass, I can't wait! When is it?" I ask and she smiles.

"On the 29th, on our actual birthday." She says with a nod. My attention is attracted elsewhere.

"So, it's a joint party? You and Kit?" I ask and she nods.

"I can't exactly leave out my twin brother." She says and I nod.

"Besides all of my friends know him and vice versa, so it's cool. Plus it'll give you a chance to meet people before you transfer to our school in January." She adds and I smile even wider.

It gives me a chance to see Kit in a social setting, maybe even get to know him, I add mentally.

The 29th is only a week and a half away and it's totally typical of Kia to leave something like this to the last minute.

"Are you having it at your house?" I ask and she nods vigorously.

"My mum and dad are going to visit my grandparents and then they'll all come back together to see me and Kit." She explains.

I nod, no longer caring about the logistics.

"So what are you going to wear?" I ask more importantly and Saskia sighs happily, leaping into a list of characters she's considered.

I quietly wonder what I will wear. Something pretty? Something outrageous?

I find that I can't wait.

"Will you help me decorate the house? God knows that Kit will be useless at anything other than reaching tall things." Kia says and I nod happily.

"Good, oh crap, we're late. When did you get changed? Never mind, go ahead, I'll meet you in a second." Kia says scattily, throwing her leotard on and almost placing her ballet shoes on the wrong feet.

I laugh at her and head down to the studio, pushing the door open and joining the other girls.

Rehearsal is gruelling and by the end of it I want to slap James silly for nearly dropping me. I change out of my leotard, grimacing as I put my normal clothes back on. I desperately want a shower but unfortunately the dance studios are sorely lacking.

Saskia bounds towards me with something conspicuously concealed beneath her jumper. I raise an eyebrow and she reveals a hint of blue and white tulle.

"Are you smuggling out your snow fairy costume?" I ask and she giggles, nodding.

"For my party! It's perfect! You should take yours too." She suggests but I decline, wanting to dress up as something different for a change.

I guide Saskia out, concealing her bump for her as she smuggles out her costume.

"You better not get anything on it or Elise will go bonkers." I warn, knowing how strict our dance teacher can be.

Saskia rolls her eyes but tightens her grip on the costume.

As we exit the building Saskia grins delightedly, whipping it out and folding it as small as it will go.

"Now," She says significantly, "What are you going to wear?"