PLEASE DON'T USE OUR TOILET

Seonghwa yawned, stretching his arms over his head. With a start, he realized it was bright outside. He really hadn't slept all night.

He'd finally finished rearranging the score. He smiled at his work and saved before closing his laptop and moving it to the other side of the bed. He slowly slid under the blankets, realizing the room had gotten a bit chilly and laid with his eyes open, staring at the ceiling.

This would work. It would have to work. He just wanted to make Hongjoong smile. Even if he didn't forgive him...he just wanted Hongjoong to be happy. For a moment. He'd been so tense lately. And it was all Seonghwa's fault.

Seonghwa jumped slightly as he heard the door handle turn and he turned to his side, closing his eyes. He never liked to let the other members know when he'd been up all night. They always got so worried.

To be fair, they normally figured it out when they saw his eye bags.

But he'd at least try to hide it.

He waited for the person to approach him, assuming it was one of the members with a problem. He just hoped they didn't notice the empty space beside him.

But after a few minutes of shuffling around, Seonghwa heard the bathroom door close and lock, before the shower started.

He realized who it was.

Hongjoong.

Even though he was mad at Seonghwa, he took care to be quiet and let him sleep. He felt a little bad that he hadn't really been sleeping.

He wanted to go to the door and ask how he slept. He worried that he might not have slept well on the couch. In all honesty, Seonghwa should have been the one to leave. But of course, Hongjoong once again made the sacrifice.

Seonghwa winced. When had he ever been there for Hongjoong in the way that Hongjoong was constantly there for him?

Just then the water stopped and Seonghwa quickly turned away, pretending to sleep. He figured Hongjoong would feel relieved to know he'd succeeded in making sure he didn't wake Seonghwa. It was the least he could do for him.

He waited, hearing the click of the bathroom door as Hongjoong stepped back into the bedroom. It was harder than he expected not to turn over and just look at him. He knew it had only been a night but it felt like he hadn't seen Hongjoong in days. It had been a pretty long night.

"Hwa, you can turn over. I know you're awake."

Seonghwa froze, surprised at the comment. Was it to test him? Or did he really know? He decided to turn over, but Hongjoong wasn't looking at him anymore. It seemed like he was specifically not looking at him.

"How did you know?"

"The way you were laying there. When you're actually sleeping, you always have one arm under the pillow and curl your knees in."

Seonghwa was stunned. He had a specific way he slept?? And Hongjoong remembered? It was so touching, he didn't even know how to respond.

"Don't worry, I'm not staying. I just needed to get up and get dressed before anyone else saw me sleeping on the couch."

Seonghwa sank down at his words.

"You can stay if you—"

"I don't."

Seonghwa winced.

"Okay. I understand."

"I'm going to make breakfast so wake everyone up."

With that, Hongjoong left the room.

Seonghwa stared after him, his eyes locked on the door. As if he might have forgotten something and would turn around and come back in.