I'm really glad he has you

Hongjoong sat anxiously, his knee bouncing. They had instructed the two of them to wait outside until they had finished the check-up since they weren't family.

He knew Seonghwa would be fine. But he didn't like being in a hospital. It made him feel like his situation was worse than it really was.

But he wasn't a doctor. So he wanted to make sure everything was okay.

"Hey, I need to tell you the truth."

Hongjoong didn't turn towards Minho. He didn't want to look at his face. Seonghwa told him not to do anything to him and completely avoiding eye contact was the only way he could maintain his composure. After what he did to Seonghwa.

"What? That you tried to drive a wedge between Seonghwa and I by kissing him?"

Minho looked away.

"I'm sorry."

"Fuck you. I told you to stay in the car."

"I know."

"If Seonghwa hadn't let you follow us in here you wouldn't be here. So please, don't talk to me."

"Hongjoong, I know you're mad at me but you need to know the truth."

"I know the truth!" Hongjoong snapped, causing a few people to glance towards them. Hongjoong took a deep breath.

"Not about the...kiss. About Seonghwa."

Hongjoong didn't turn but he didn't stop him either.

"What he said—about picking a fight with me on the roof. He wasn't telling the truth."

Hongjoong pressed his fists together, glaring at the ground.

"And why should I believe anything you say?"

"Because he was trying to protect me. Again."

"I know Seonghwa's a good person but after what you pulled I hardly doubt he would ever defend you again."

"I tried to jump."

Hongjoong's leg stopped bouncing.

"What?"

"My life's gone to shit and I wanted an excuse to leave the band forever so I was going to injure myself."

Hongjoong stayed quiet.

"But that fucking idiot came back up before I gathered the courage to do it. And he tried to talk me out of it. After what I fucking did to him."

Minho started tearing up a bit but quickly wiped them away.

"He finally brought me back to my senses but as I turned to go back—I slipped and everything turned and I was falling. I was so fucking scared. I didn't know if I would even survive if I hit the ground. My mind went to such a dark place. And then, there he was. He had me."

Hongjoong felt tears forming in his eyes as well. Seonghwa caught him?! Over the edge of a building?

"That idiot! He could've fallen, too!" Hongjoong cursed and Minho looked away.

"At first I panicked and I started pressuring him. I didn't want to drop—I was terrified. I didn't realize he was having a panic attack."

Hongjoong pressed lips together, tears starting to roll down his cheeks.

"I saw how much he was struggling and—I told him to let me go. But he wouldn't. He wouldn't give up. He worked so hard to save me that he didn't take care of himself. That idiot. He scared me to death. I thought...I really thought I was going to lose him. And it would be my fault."