More than anything

Seonghwa had just finished getting ready when he heard a knock on his door. He paused before answering. Was it Hongjoong?

But the door opened shortly after so he didn't have to wait long. And it wasn't Hongjoong, but Wooyoung.

Seonghwa set his brush down, turning in surprise.

"Hey, what's up?" he asked.

"Maybe I shouldn't come. San doesn't know I'm gonna be there and he really doesn't like surprises. What if he gets really mad? What if he just pretends to be fine because he doesn't want to cause a scene? What if he's not ready to talk yet? What if—"

"Woah, slow down, Woo. Hey, come here."

Seonghwa stretched his arms out and Wooyoung gratefully came to him, falling into his embrace.

"Don't worry. We thought about it and...we decided to tell San you would be there."

Wooyoung looked up at him.

"So...he knows? And...he still wants to come?"

Seonghwa hesitated. He didn't actually know if San would agree or not. He hoped he would. But he couldn't guarantee it.

"Well, Hongjoong's talking to him so I'm not sure but I'm pretty certain he wants to talk to you too. Well—wait, there's another thing I need to tell you."

Wooyoung pulled away, worry painted across his face.

"What's wrong? Is San still mad at me?"

"No—not really. It's...complicated. He was going to talk to you the other night but he overheard you talking about Felix...and it came off a little intimate."

Wooyoung sat on the bed, running his hands through his hair.

"But San knows I would never—Felix is just a friend!"

"I'm sure deep down he does but...you know how San gets..."

"Shit, he even accused me of cheating when he kicked me out. This isn't good at all. He'll never believe me. What did he hear? I didn't think I really talked much about Felix!"

"He heard you talking about your plan to cheer him up. Something along the lines of 'I just want to see him smile again' and 'I really care about him.' I wasn't there but Hongjoong was so I'm not sure."

Wooyoung held his head in his hands, pressing his elbows into his knees.

"He was going to talk to me? I thought he'd never forgive me for wanting to stay...after what we went through before...fuck, how did I mess it up again!"

"Woo, it's okay. San really cares about you, I know he'll believe you. I promise, he'll accept everything you have to say. You've both just been apart for so long, you don't know how to be together. But you're literally soulmates. Everyone here envies you guys. I know you'll be fine. You just need to take the first step."

Wooyoung looked away.

"No one should envy us. Maybe San. But not me. I'm always messing things up. I get so idealistic I don't take logic into account and I leave San to be the bad guy. I don't have the guts to say it so I let him feel horrible instead. I just feel so awful about it..."

"I think that's exactly what you need to tell him. He needs to hear it from you."

"I don't know if I can do it."

"Hey, look at me."

Wooyoung looked up and Seonghwa grabbed his hands in his own.

"You can do this. How much do you love San?"

"More than anything."

"So do it for him. For both of you."

"What if I just hurt him more?"

"I don't think that's possible, Woo. Not when he gets to see you and talk to you. It honestly doesn't matter what you say, San will just be glad to interact with you again. He really misses you."

Wooyoung looked down at their hands and nodded.

"Okay."

"Okay?"

"Okay. I can do this."

"Yes you can."

Seonghwa stood and Wooyoung followed him. They made their way to the living room where Hongjoong said they were going to meet. They ended up being the first ones there so Seonghwa grabbed out his phone to check with Hongjoong while Wooyoung sat down on the couch, his knee bouncing.

"Hwa, you don't think San's having second thoughts, do you? What if he isn't ready to face me?"

"Woo, just calm down. He's coming. Hongjoong knows what he's doing. He'll convince him, I'm sure of it. San will come."

"Okay."

Seonghwa waited for a response but Hongjoong didn't answer. Maybe he should go check on them. Maybe Hongjoong had only agreed to it so he had an excuse to get away and look for the song again on his laptop. What if San was waiting for Seonghwa to come get him?

No. Hongjoong wouldn't just leave San in the dark. He was probably just taking time to make sure San was really okay with it.

"Wow, Hwa! It's like you get sexier every time I see you!"

Seonghwa froze at the voice, hearing the stairwell door slam shut. What the hell was he doing here right now??

"What? Come on, show me that pretty smile!"

"Lee Know? Are you two friends?" Wooyoung asked, confused by the scene occurring before him.

Seonghwa needed to resolve it—and quickly. With how fragile things were between him and Hongjoong, he couldn't have Minho making matters worse. And just his presence could do that.

"Aww, you look so cute when you're pouting."

Seonghwa clenched his fists, crossing the room as fast as possible, grabbing Minho by the collar of his shirt. He dragged him along as he opened the stairwell.

"Woah—where are we going? Don't tell me you finally fell for my charms?" Minho smirked before a hiccup interrupted his sly expression. A blast of alcohol hit Seonghwa's nose, causing him to turn away.

He shoved Minho through the door and turned back quick, not sure what to tell Wooyoung.

"Woo, I'll be right back. If they get back before I'm done taking care of this, just tell them I left something in the practice room. Okay?"

"But—wait, do you know Lee Know hyung? What's going on?"

"Woo, promise me. Don't tell Hongjoong. He can't know Minho was here. Okay?"

"Wh—why?"

"Just promise me! Okay?"

Seonghwa didn't mean to sound so curt but it worked as Wooyoung nodded. He sighed, closing the door and turning back to Minho.

"Where can I take you where you won't cause any problems?" Seonghwa snapped.

"Oh, I've got a lot of fun places I can take you. Trust me, the cameras won't catch us," he grinned and Seonghwa groaned, wondering why he'd even asked.

Clearly Minho wasn't in his right state of mind. Not that he'd be much better if he were. But he was clearly not in a state to he left alone.

And if he didn't do something, he'd head right back to their dorm and stir up trouble. Seonghwa sighed, dragging him along as he made his way up the stairs to the rooftop.

Maybe if he got some fresh air in his lungs he would sober up a little. If not, he could always throw him off the edge.

He just hoped he could sort him out quick. He didn't want to cause Hongjoong anymore grief.