"Am I speaking with Kim Hongjoong?"

Hongjoong sat in the recording studio, smiling to himself after rehearsal.

He was so glad he'd found his song again.

He couldn't believe it took him so long to find it. He's practically torn his own hair out trying to look for it. Just for it to be in the folder he swore he'd checked almost fifty times.

It was really hard to act so calm about it in front of Seonghwa but he had to in order to keep it secret. He still didn't know how he was going to show it to him, but he knew he wanted to.

Although the thought made his face flush in embarrassment.

How had Seonghwa ever written a song for him and performed it in front of thousands of fans?? He could hardly even imagine just playing his recording for Seonghwa.

He knew he'd written it just to show him but he'd never played something so personal for anyone before.

And what if Seonghwa thought it was cheesy and stupid?

Not that there was any reason he would...but Hongjoong couldn't definitively say it wasn't a possibility.

Groaning, he put his head on the table as soon as his phone started to ring.

Startled, he quickly pulled it from his pocket, only to see a number he didn't recognize. Turning his head a bit to the side in confusion, he shrugged and answered it.

"Hello?"

"Hi! Am I speaking with Kim Hongjoong?"

Hongjoong nodded his head.

"Yes, this is him. With whom am I speaking?"

"My name is Eden, I'm a producer at—"

"KQ ENTERTAINMENT!?" Hongjoong stammered, nearly falling out of his chair.

"Haha, yes. I see you've been waiting for our call."

"Yes, sorry—it's just—I love your company. I didn't think I'd even get a response, so thank you so much for calling," Hongjoong stumbled through his words, hoping they were coherent enough that he could still be understood.

"Don't you want to know why I'm calling?" Eden laughed and Hongjoong felt his heart beat quicken.

"Of course—sorry, please—continue."

"It's alright. We took a look at your tracks and, we'd love to have Ateez join our company."

Hongjoong fell back into his chair that he'd jumped out of. KQ—KQ Entertainment—wanted to work with them???

"You still there?"

"Yes! Yes! Absolutely! We would love to join KQ!" Hongjoong quickly responded, realizing he had fallen silent.

"I'm glad, it sounds like you'll be pretty fun to work with. We'll keep in contact and let you know when we'd like you to come in."

"Of course. We'll still need to go through paperwork and auditions."

"Oh—no, you don't need to do any of that. I mean, there's a few official things to sign but we've seen and heard you play and we love you guys. You'll start right after we've officially signed you on."

Hongjoong sat with his mouth agape. So...they were practically already under KQ.

If they wanted to be.

As much as he'd wanted to go to JYP because it was one of the big three...KQ had always been his and Seonghwa's favorite company.

And they got in.