What kind of miscommunication?

Hongjoong walked through the hallway, unsure where to go. He didn't want to burden San since he knew he'd been through enough already. He knew Wooyoung was with Yunho and Mingi so they didn't need a fourth person.

That left Jongho and Yeosang.

Cautiously he approached the door, not wanting to wake them if they were already asleep.

But what he heard on the other side were not sleep noises.

His face reddened as he quickly stepped away, heading to the living room.

Of all of the members—Jongho and Yeosang as a couple was entirely unexpected.

They were both so shy and sweet. So innocent...

They really had grown up right before his eyes.

And ears.

Shaking the thought from his head he grabbed the throw blanket and placed it over himself, for once thankful that he was small. He felt himself drifting off just as the sound of a cabinet in the kitchen closed, startling him awake.

Rubbing his eyes, he saw San standing in the kitchen, scolding the cabinet door.

"Sannie?"

San jumped, spinning around.

"Oh...Hongjoong hyung? What are you doing on the couch?"

Hongjoong didn't feel like explaining. Thankfully San got the message. He grabbed his food and made his way over, sitting down next to him.

"Here. Have this."

He handed Hongjoong a peanut butter and jelly sandwich and Hongjoong almost laughed. But he saw the intensity of San's worry in his eyes. He really wanted to help him.

He took the sandwich with a smile and thanked him, sitting back as he ate. San seemed pleased and he smiled, taking a bite of his own.

"Hyung...you've talked to me so much about my problems...you know I'm here to talk about yours."

"What problems?" Hongjoong asked with a grin and San glared at him. He knew how sad he must look, eating a peanut butter and jelly sandwich while wrapped in a blanket on the couch, his face red and puffy.

"I mean it. Talk to me."

Hongjoong ruffled San's hair and finished his sandwich, leaning back with a sigh.

"Hongjoong."

"I'm fine. It's something I think I should work through on my own. Seonghwa and I are just having a little bit of a miscommunication."

Hongjoong waited for San to speak but instead, felt a tap on his shoulder. He turned to see San holding out the rest of his sandwich.

"No, you eat it. Have you even been out of your room at all today?"

San shook his head, looking at the floor.

"San..."

"I don't want to make Wooyoung upset. He gets upset when he sees me so I stay in the room where I won't bother him."

"San...come here."

Hongjoong put an arm around him and pulled him into his chest, squeezing him tightly. He'd been through so much. All these years, they'd managed to make their relationship work. And still—he thought Wooyoung could truly hate him.

"I think you should talk to him."

"But I don't want to overstep—if he needs more time I don't want to—"