Shit. I forgot to tell you

It wasn't until they were headed down the stairs to the Stray Kids dorms that Seonghwa realized he never mentioned it was a double date.

"Shit. I forgot to tell you."

Hongjoong smiled at him blankly. Ever since he'd kissed him, Hongjoong's eyes hadn't stopped sparkling. He looked like a sappy Disney prince fawning over their princess.

"Forgot to tell me what?"

"It's...not just us. It's a double date."

Hongjoong smiled in response, which was not the reaction Seonghwa had anticipated.

"So San and Woo actually made up??"

Seonghwa shook his head, feeling a little bad for getting his hopes up.

"No...it's not San and Wooyoung."

Hongjoong seemed to be thinking deeply.

"It isn't...any of our other members, is it? Because I know Mingi and Yunho have always been close but I feel like there's something more there."

"As much as I agree with you—it's not them either. It's not from our group."

Hongjoong seemed to be racking his brain for ideas so Seonghwa decided just to blurt it out.

"It's actually...Han and Minho."

Hongjoong seemed surprised but not quite as shocked as Seonghwa had expected. So maybe he wasn't the only one who'd noticed the way they were acting at dinner.

"Okay. Can...I ask why?"

Seonghwa didn't know how to respond. How could he possibly tell him that he wanted him to get to know his ex-lover so he wouldn't hate him?

"Well...after you left, Minho invited us to join them. So I didn't want to say no."

It wasn't entirely a lie. He had been the one to suggest the double date.

"Oh, okay. Well, I'm excited to get to know them a little better," Hongjoong smiled and Seonghwa smiled back, continuing down the stairs.

"Shit!"

Seonghwa jumped at the remark, turning back to Hongjoong who was panicking.

"What? What? What's wrong?!"

"Hwaaaaaa, I wore a sexy outfit for our date! I can't wear this on a double date!! It's so embarrassing!"

Seonghwa held back his laughter. To be fair, Hongjoong had worn a rather low-cut shirt and Seonghwa certainly agreed he looked sexy.

"I'm sorry—I should've told you sooner. But it's fine—it's just a shirt!"

"No it's not! Seonghwa—I only ever wear this shirt for our dates because you said you liked it and I'll do anything for you. But I can't show up to a double date with my—chest just out on display!!"

"Aw, you wear your sexy shirt just to make me happy??"

"A choice I am deeply regretting at the moment!"

"Hongjoong it's fine! They're totally chill, they won't care. And if you keep it on...sexy Seonghwa might come out to play when we get back tonight."

Hongjoong let his anger dissolve and slowly started heading down the steps. He pulled the shirt back, trying to lessen the extent to which he was exposed.

"Okay, fine. I'm wearing this for you and for you only."

He tried to be serious but Seonghwa could see that his flirtatious comeback had affected him. He smiled and swung his arms around Hongjoong, giving him a tight squeeze.

"Thank you, Joongie."

"Aish—you're pulling it down!!" Hongjoong groaned, trying to pull the shirt back up.

Seonghwa giggled and walked ahead of Hongjoong towards the doorbell. He pressed it and waited for a response.

"Wow! You two look amazing! I'm living for your bold cut, Hongjoong," came Hyunjin's voice from the other end. Hongjoong glared at Seonghwa who couldn't help but let out a small giggle.

"Hi, Hyunjin. Do you know if Minho is ready for us yet?"

"One second—Minnie get your ass over here and look at these two immediately!"

Hongjoong held his face in his hands, trying his best to hide his embarrassment.

"Wow—you guys look great! Is that all? I was kind of in the middle of something."

"Fine, God. This kid is so ungrateful. I take time out of my day to show him two beautiful specimens and—"

"Hyunjin! Focus!" Hongjoong interrupted, ready to be done with the conversation.

"Right. Sorry. You want me to check on Minho?"

"Yes please," Hongjoong smiled, trying to dial back his irritation.

"Sure. But if I don't come back, call the police."

The two looked at each other in concern but waited patiently anyways. After a few minutes the door before them opened, revealing Minho, dressed in a velvet emerald green suit. Seonghwa tried his best not to stare very long, directing his eyes to the wall behind them.

"Damn."

Hongjoong averted his eyes in embarrassment but Seonghwa glanced up, realizing Minho was staring at him. With that stupid playful smirk.

"Can we come in?" Seonghwa asked a bit curtly and Minho changed his expression, opening the door further to welcome them in.

"Of course, I've got everything set up out on our balcony. It's right this way."

They followed him through the dorm, somehow managing to pass by nearly ever member of stray kids (causing Hongjoong to be beet red) before they'd finally reached the balcony. It was pretty small but had just enough room for the four of them to sit in a circle. Minho took his seat next to Jisung, locking their fingers together.

Seonghwa instinctually did the same with Hongjoong.

"Thanks for having us," Seonghwa smiled giving a slight bow but Minho waved it away.

"No problem, we've been wanting to get to know you all so I thought this would be a great way to do that."

"Would've been nice if you'd shared this plan with me, but still—I'm glad you guys made it," Jisung smiled, giving Minho a jab in the side with his elbow.

"Ah, so he didn't tell you either?" Hongjoong smiled but Seonghwa felt his grip tighten on their handhold. He let out a shaky laugh.

"Well you know—you were so busy in the studio—I didn't want to interrupt," he stammered.

"Exactly!" Minho agreed, looking at Jisung.

The two seemed hesitant to forgive and forget until Minho opened the pizza box and everyone excitedly grabbed a slice.