I'm going to talk to him

Hongjoong felt he'd finally cooled off, setting his headphones down. Sometimes when he'd get annoyed with the members he would just walk out of practice and lock himself in the studio. It helped him calm down when he worked on his music.

He never wanted to blow up on anyone so he always chose to avoid conflict if he could. It didn't mean there weren't many tears and fucks shared with the walls of his little studio, but at least he could yell at the walls and not his friends.

He knew when he got worked up he never knew what would come out of his mouth, and often found it regretful. So he'd rather just walk away.

Which is why he had hidden away after practice. He was the first to leave the room.

He had been looking forward to this day ever since they got the call, and Seonghwa messed him up. His early count caused not only Hongjoong to come in a beat late, but Mingi as well, causing a noticable issue when the drums were off for two measures. They'd practiced their count-offs for months together, it wasn't like he could've forgotten. It had to have been on purpose.

But it made him look like an idiot in front of JYP. The person he was supposed to be impressing.

And when he saw JYP walk over to talk to Seonghwa with a smile on his face, Hongjoong couldn't take it. He had to get out of there before he blew up on someone.

Now that he felt a little better, he figured he should probably have a conversation with Seonghwa. It wasn't fair of him to mess everything up. And he had to have a reason.

Hongjoong placed his guitar in its case and shut down his computer. Once he had his bags set, he slung them over his shoulder and exited the studio, making his way back to the dorms.

As he walked, he started to feel his anger rising. But he took deep breaths and pushed it down. He needed to at least hear Seonghwa out. He owed him that much.

As he reached the door he reminded himself of his promise to Seonghwa. He had asked for space. Asked for time. Asked for patience. And he'd promised him that. It was getting pretty hard to keep that promise but he intended to do that. Just as his hand reached the handle he heard the door behind him creak open, just a little.

He turned to see a teary-eyed San poking his head out. His heart fell.

"Hey hyung...can...can I talk to you?"

Hongjoong didn't even look back at his door as he nodded and walked over to San, stepping inside the room and shutting the door.

He turned to San who immediately wrapped his arms around him, pressing his damp cheeks into Hongjoong's soft black turtleneck. Hongjoong was surprised at the sudden movement but immediately placed a hand on San's back, rubbing it softly.

"Hey, it's okay. Remember, you can tell me anything."

San pulled away, looking into Hongjoong's eyes and nodding. He moved to the bedside and sat on the edge. Hongjoong joined him.

"I'm sure you read the rules for JYP," San said looking at his feet.

Hongjoong knew what he was referring to.

"The dating ban."

"Yeah."

They sat in silence as Hongjoong waited for San to continue. After a moment, he decided to prompt him.

"So, what did you think about it?"

"I thought it was unreasonable. I told him I didn't think we should stay here. That it wasn't worth it. Because we've tried sneaking around and it didn't work. We almost lost each other last time."