he was the problem

(Bonus long woosan chapter! Let me know what you think of it 😅❤️)

San heard the commotion in the hallway as Seonghwa and Hongjoong returned but couldn't bring himself to see what was going on. He felt awful for ignoring his friends in need but he just didn't have the energy.

He'd been sitting cross-legged under the covers almost all day. He had nowhere else to go, since Wooyoung had spent the day in and out of everyone else's rooms, not to mention playing games in the living room. He was everywhere.

San couldn't face him.

Not after what he'd said.

He would let Wooyoung come to him when he was ready.

But San wasn't all that patient by nature. Especially when he was worried about his loved ones.

Just then he heard Mingi and Yunho's door close and soon after, Seonghwa and Hongjoong's. The dorm fell silent.

He hadn't really had much of an appetite, but he knew he should eat something, so he decided to make his way to the kitchen.

Easing his way out from under the covers, he stood and stretched out his achy joints. Throwing on an oversized hoodie, he approached the door and pressed his ear against it.

Still nothing.

He decided the coast was clear and opened the door, taking a quick glance left and right before exiting.

He started walking towards the kitchen when he dared a glance at Mingi and Yunho's door. He knew he should just keep walking. But he couldn't do it. He slowly approached and crouched down next to it.

"—he's so sweet...I just...don't know how he'll react."

San was startled to hear Wooyoung sharing something personal and moved to stand. He didn't come to spy on him.

But his mind wandered, thinking over the words.

Was he talking about San?

He thought about crouching down again but gave himself a quiet smack to the face and stood back up, continuing on to the kitchen.

He knew it was none of his business. He honestly didn't even want to listen to figure out what he was saying.

He just wanted to hear Wooyoung's voice again.

He hadn't spoken to him in days.

Their argument felt so stupid now. Why did he ever think to accuse Wooyoung of cheating on him? Just because he'd made new friends here?

He still didn't understand why Wooyoung wanted to stay, but he knew Wooyoung well enough to know that wasn't the reason.

He knew Wooyoung had spent years hiding their relationship behind Seonghwa's back, just to make San happy. San could still remember the day he'd found out he got into Fever.

...

"Woo! Woo! Woo!" San smiled, bouncing up and down in their dingy old apartment.

"What? What? What?" Wooyoung called from the kitchen as he was making dinner.

"I got in!!!"

Wooyoung dropped his spatula and turned around, his eyes wide with excitement.

"You got in!?"

"I got in!!"

He let out a squeal and ran to San, pulling him into his arms. The two bounced around in a circle cheering for as long as their energy lasted and they had to step back, struggling for air.