Chapter 7: Changed

I struggled against the restraints, but it proved useless as the woman began to back away, the table beginning to lower agonizingly slow. I silently screamed against the tape covering my mouth—unable to breathe the air I lost back in. I struggled and struggled—but there was nothing I could do.

The table lowered down into the pool of chemicals, the liquid seeping over the edges of the table. I arched my back, trying to escape the fate that I was destined to have.

First it was my arms. The liquid seeped onto my skin, causing me to desperately squirm in pain. It burned—like alcohol on a fresh wound—but so much worse. I tried to breath in, but the air all escaped me, and the tape and nose plug didn't allow me to breath it back in.

Next it was my lower back, the chemicals bubbling up around me and stinging my skin. The liquid wrapped around my face, beginning to slink around and up my torso. It burned like hell; it was almost as if fire was licking and toying with my skin.

I could feel my skin shrivel and blister, causing me body to go stiff with pain. It was not only that, but the chemicals seemed to be carbonated—making the feeling compared to the fizziness of a soda popping my skin...but hot and stinging.

The liquid grew around my head and ears, seeping in and leaving me in agony. My skin began to itch and burn, and I couldn't do anything but let it happen. Everything was on fire.

The bleach pooled into my ears and singed my untouched skin. I could almost swore it made it to my brain, shriveling and pinching my brain with its hot coils of pain. It bit my neck and the tips of my restrained fingers, causing them to spasm.

I couldn't breathe in, and I was left in anguish as the bleach resembling substance covered my face and the rest of my hair. I couldn't think. I couldn't move. Everything was on fire—the shooting affliction seeping into my skin, ears, and face.

I could feel the acid run over my scars, seeping into those and making it feel as though the old wounds and memories were fresh. I trembled under the simmering liquid.

The tape on my eyes didn't seem to make a difference as it flooded under the sticky material, swarming under my eyelids and burning my irises. My vision went completely black as my eyes popped and burned with the torturous fluid.

I shook my head, squeezing my eyes shut to block out the acid, but it was too late. It felt as though someone held a lighter up to my eye—the white substance that helps me see melting in it's own socket.

My skin was singed and blistering—the sore pockets of pus popping—only to be touched by the biting acid again. I was completely enveloped in the heat—and I thought I was going to die.

And what made it even worse...is that Rosabeth went through this too...

My bare skin was hot and hold under the acid—waves of pain being followed by waves of anguish. This was the most painful thing I could ever have been through. More painful than slices down your tongue. More painful than walking on needles. More painful than—

The table slowly began to rise up again, and I violently gasped as my face began to be revealed—the woman pulling off the nose plug. I sucked in air, silently wailing as the air was revealed to my blistering wounds.

My skin burned and ached, the air not seeming to make it any better. I struggled against the cuffs around my wrists, the metal popping and burning my red-hot blisters and fizzing wounds.  The pus filled sacs hissed as they popped, the acid of the inside spilling out on me. I could hardly hear the woman over the sound of the acid dripping and bubbling back out of my burning ears.

"Report to Master: Number 737's purification of the skin is complete, as well as her hair. Proceeding to stage two."

The woman didn't bother to remove the pieces of tape from my swollen, blistered, and sore eyes as she undid the cuffs, letting me free of my restraints. I silently groaned, attempting to rip off the tape from my eyes before a shock of pain ran through me.