Chapter 29 (☞ ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)☞

This chapter will have some little spice in them. I will put this (☞ ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)☞ to show when they will start and the same emoji when it ends...
    And yes this chapter is still part of the story so you can go ahead and skip them if you don't like to read that kind of thing.

-------

"Why?" he asks again

"Xiao, I'm only away for a bit not forever...if it were back then I would, but this time...I have a special someone with me." you grin at him

"It's dangerous!" he protests not falling for your trick.

"It's just...it'll be a big problem if I keep leaving it like this...who knows what they'll do. at that time I was weak, but I now gain a little bit more strength" you gaze into his eyes "I was like a person that would run away from every problem...but you prove me wrong, your devotion to your work, encourage me. Little by little I'm able to work my way up like the adepti" you laugh

"To my work? But I never let you see me fight"

"Does it have to be seen to believe? Hearing you from a normal folktale got me interested! So I do my research." you chuckle

"You research me?"

"Mhm, don't get any weird idea on you" you mess with his hair "what I mean research, I mean hearing you from old folk...during my journey in Liyue. Old folk like to tell stories to their grandkids, and so I join in with them! It was really fun"

"..." his face is slightly redden

"Of course, I didn't know I would meet the famous adepti himself, let alone being his lover!" you make yourself blush just saying it yourself.

"So...almighty adepti will you listen to this one request?" you lean in closer to him

"No, It's still dangerous!"

"Please!" you pled, making Xiao avoid your eyes.

"You! I...tsk" he blushes the more you stare at him, he can't help but pull you in for a hug "promise me you'll be back..." he whispered next to your ear.

  Your eyes widen, you wrap your arm around his back "yes...I promise" padding his back to make him relieve but Xiao hugs you even tighter.

"Ughhhh" he whines "I'll go with you!"

"Haha" you laugh at him who acting like a kid "you can't, you have some important thing to do"

"I do?" He sounds confused

"...yes, Rex Lapis's death...have you not heard of the news?!"

"Oh...I do hear" he doesn't sound so...bother?

"Xiao?" All you can do is look at him in confusion with questions in your head "But-"

"So when are you leaving?" he asks, trying to avoid something

  You pause for a bit "t-that..." you mumbling something without him hearing also avoid something but Xiao is a persistent Adepti more than you.

"Y/n?!" he grabbed your face to face him, "say that to my face"

"So, so the plan was...was to...leave after you drop me!"

"You! You don't plan to tell me anything even if I don't ask!! You impatient little thing!" he ticks your head.

"Ow! I can't help it!" you protest "and I'm not the only one who is impatient!"

"Yeah, right" he grins