Chapter 22

The little girl hugging you tightly "...master..."

"How have you been, Qiqi?" you ask while caressing her head gently

"mhm...good..." she speaks in slow Monotone

"I'm glad you are!" you smile

The little girl looks up to meet you, "why are you here?" she asks

"Haha...because I miss you"

The little girl crawled up to sit on your lap, "really?" she wraps her small arm around your neck.

"Yes, I miss you a lot Qiqi,"

"Qiqi, miss master too..." said with a small monotone, "Are you gonna stay with Qiqi for a long time?"

"Now now-"

"So you going again..." she said hug you tightly again, you hug her back.

"no...this time, I'll stay a bit longer"

  Qiqi flinches a bit and looks at you "really?!" she grabs your face with her small hand "you're not lying to Qiqi again right?..."

"Oaf couse" said you

"Hmm" she hummed with her small monotone voice, "Qiqi will believe you this time..." she put her head back onto your chest.

"Qiqi, if you are sleepy, do you want me to take you to your room?"

"no...Qiqi like it here best..."

"haha..." you laugh at her action, "alright, you must be exhausted. Sleep tight," you said as you pad her head gently.

"mhm..." Qiqi slowly nods and snoozes off on your chest, her hand grabbing your scarf.

"..." you sigh* "I'm not going anywhere, Qiqi" you touch her small hand.

"She just afraid you would leave her again like last time" a different voice this time, from the entranceway, A man with green hair walks in.

"hissssss, talk about being mean hahaha!" the small noise made from the green-haired man.

"Hello to you two too!" you smile

The green hair and walk closer to you, "how have you been, Master?" he smiles

"Did you bring souvenirs? Hisss" a small noise make again

"I have been good, Baizhu!" you look around his neck to meet a small snake on him, "Good to see you too white snake"

"Hissss!" the snake twirls its tail around.

"Master," said the man called Baizhu, "what happened to your ankle?" he asks

"Um...hahaha" you laugh nervously "I-I just trip a bit..."

"You trip?" his eyes widen due to surprise "This is the first..." he ponders for a bit "I guess age can also involve with immorality..." he smiled and the small snake laugh

"HA.HA.HA, very funny" you look at the snake and Baizhu who is laughing.

"Haha! Sorry...ha, master haha! It just, it has just been so long haha" he said while controlling his laugh.

"...Still the same as ever" you chuckle.

---

  After a little catch-up, Baizhu helps you get to your room while Gui takes Qiqi to her room.

"Are you sure you don't want me to help you change the bandages?" he asked

"Baizhu...this is the 5th time that you ask that" you deadpan as you sit on the bed.