Chapter 30

Their past (pt3)

------------

"And after...the news comes out that she has gone missing..."

------------

2 years later

*Boom*

  A surprise attack makes everyone quickly get to their post. Rex Lapis has already made his way to the battle. A few Adepti has followed him from behind, including the Conqueror of a demon.

The fight was all over the place with no order, many had fallen, some barely walk but one thing they all got in common is that they never give up on what they believe in.

Rex Lapis almost got hit by a giant rock-throwing at him but his aid conquers of demons quickly break them into other big and small pieces.

He glances at the small camp quiet away from them and no Scratch on them 'hopefully she safe'

"XIAO! Lookout" 

"Yes!"

-----

"The enemy keep pushing on forward," said one of the soldier

"At this rate, I'm not even surprised if we got annihilated...cough* cough*"

  Both of the soldiers look at each other, lost, hopeless in their life. They are both unable to stand due to a lot of injury on them.

  Not so far away, a certain adepti is wrapping a bandage around himself. He gives up halfway because "what a stupid thing!" he throws the roll of bandage away.

  He looks at the camp for injured, with people running around "..." he stand up and make his way to the camp maybe find someone to do it for him but before that something caught his eyes.

  A person in a white coat runs to one of the nearby camps, 'that Rex Lapis...' without further, he dashes toward where the man in a white coat is.

  When he got in, the atmosphere is tenser. Is it because of the enemy? Or is it because of something else?...

The boy in green look around and find a woman is blue hair "what happened?! Did Rex Lapis..."

"Xiao..." the woman hesitate "Rex Lapis, he is fine"

"Then what is going on?!" he asks again

"Xiao, I'm fine" a voice calls out to him.

"Rex Lapis..." he mumbles, he feels glad to see he is alright.

  He looks around more to look for the person he is looking for, there is a man in a white coat. It seems to be one of 'camp's doctor'

  The boy in green, confused as to why is everyone is so...quite

"Xiao" Rex Lapis call him

"Yes sir..."

"Well, it's..." the lord look away but he continued "y/n, she..."

'Y/n?' he waiting for what happened next...

"Y/n, she's gone...missing"

"...what?" he took a step back "you can't be serious..." his hand trembling due to tension.

  A woman in blue hair step forward to him "Xiao, I want you to calm down, she went missing, it does not mean-"

"NO! Don't say that word!" he tries to calm down and look back at his Lord who is looking at him closely.