Chapter 22 - Isabella Swan (2)

Start from the beginning

He looked like a real predator. As if he was ready to do something that would bring chaos upon Forks.

This had something to do with a scent. First sniffing me, almost as if his senses were controlling him rather than his mind, and now, covering his only ways to catch a scent. Or did someone suddenly hurt themselves and bleed even just a little bit ?

Am I right ? - I asked him.

"Get back to your seats, guys !" I heard M.Banner again.

Instead of answering, Edward let go of my wrist. I was tempted to bring him outside and talk, but what excuse could I come up with to explain that ? Considering the fact that the whole school, including our teachers, knew that Edward and I were dating, going out with him could be misinterpreted.

"Aiyanna ?"

At the sound of my name, I turned around towards the owner of the voice. It was M.Banner.

"Your seat, please." he insisted.

"Yes, sorry." I apologized while I walked away to seat in between Mike and Angela.

My middle fingers were completely numb. Considering how tight Edward's grip had been around my fingers, I tried to convince myself that I just needed to wait for the blood to go back to my fingers.

However, during the whole hour, the pain only got worse. I secretly hoped that Edward didn't actually break my fingers, especially for someone who was right-handed. How could I explain that I broke my fingers ? I didn't trip or anything. It'd be too suspicious. So, I stayed seated and endured it waiting for the first bell to ring. It was impossible for me to go to P.E classes. I'd have to rush to the nurse's office if she was still there.

When I glanced at Edward, he sat as far away from Bella as he could while having a tight grip around the edge of his table. He was as frozen as a statue. Even his shoulders didn't move, to at least show to others that he was breathing.

It had to be a scent. For him to stop himself from breathing, even though he didn't need to...it could only mean one thing.

And the only element that changed today, the only scent that was new to Edward which made him look like he could kill the whole class in a second, was Bella's.

~~

Edward

As soon as the bell rang, my feet led me outside, where I was finally able to breathe and get rid of the scent that could've gotten me and the rest of my family, in trouble. The speed at which I left the classroom was already suspicious, but thankfully, the majority didn't care enough about me to see if I was gone or not.

The moment I came out of the class, the only thing I thought about was hiding inside my car. I hated that I had to hide for a simple human being.

I worked so hard to be the vampire I was today and follow Carlisle's lifestyle. Because of this girl's scent, everything could've gone to pieces. It would've been such a waste. Such a failure.

I tried listening to one of my numerous CD players, but it couldn't calm me down right now, neither could the wind that I let in through my open window. I could still clearly remember the scent of Bella Swan's blood, but contrarily to the hour I spent through hell sitting next to her, I felt less infected.

With time, I was able to think clearly, and fight against who I used to be.

Why wasn't Alice here already ? Didn't she see me making different plans to kill Bella Swan ? Or was I stronger than I expected ? Was I really not going to kill her ?