37. Did you just fantasize about me?

Start from the beginning

"My pleasure."

He looks back at his plate, but I can't take my eyes off of him. He is eating so elegantly that it's as if he is doing a commercial for the Spaghetti Bolognese. The way his lips seductively part a little as the fork reach his mouth, the way his mouth delicately moves as he chews on the food and the way his tongue quickly swirls out to lick his lips; I can't help but think he is eating something other than food.

As he swallows, his eyes catch me drooling over him. Embarrassed, I quickly look down at my plate.

Great, Hazel. Great.

"Hmm, by the way you were looking at me, did you just fantasize about me?" I swiftly look up at him, my head throbbing.

"No! Not at all!" I nearly scream out in defense, feeling my heart racing in my throat. I then realise how guilty I just sounded. I mentally facepalm myself.

Erden knows he caught me. He is staring at me, his lips stretching into a small smirk, mischief grinning in it. God Hazel, what were those dirty thoughts at the dinning table.

"I believe you." He says sarcastically, humor dancing in his eyes. "I just think that you're delaying to make whatever you just thought to come true."

Heat creeps up my body at his words. I won't be delaying anything anymore. But the thought of him touching me already gets my heart pounding.

"Nothing is delaying, since I didn't think of anything." I snap and quickly look at my plate, hiding the shame reflecting on my face.

Erden barks out a laugh. "Sure, sure."

~~~~~~~~

"That was a good damn show." Erden exclaims, his eyes wide in amazement, as we finish the last episode of Squid Games. Even if it was the second time I watched, I was still hooked. I did my best to pretend that I don't remember what was going to happen next for the sake of not spoiling Erden.

"That's why I insisted that you watch it." I say surely.

A sudden gleam of deviltry appears on his face. He leans forward as he spreads his legs, and looks at me as I'm sitting beside him on the couch. "Let's play pick a hand."

My eyes narrowed. "Why?"

He sucks in his cheeks in hesitancy. "Y-you still didn't tell me the exact reason you were coming to see me."

"Ah!" I clap my hand in victory and lean my face to his, wiggling my brows. "This has been eating you, Mister Erden Deniz."

He rolls his eyes, refusing to accept defeat. "Do you want to play or no?"

I shake my head, pouting my lips in front of Erden to tease him.

Ignoring my childishness, he says determinedly. "If you choose the right hand, then you don't have to tell me anything. But if I choose correctly, then you have to tell me."

"Alright!" I accept eagerly.

He quickly takes out a coin from his pocket and closes his hand with in it, before putting it behind his back. After a few seconds, he shows me his fists. My eyes crunch as I try to guess in which hand is the coin. Erden is grinning as he is waiting.

"Right hand?" I ask, uncertain.

"Nah, nah!" He laughs out excitedly, opening his left hand, in which there is the coin.

Grumbling a little, I watch him as he does another round.

I hum a few seconds before assuming. "Left hand?"

"Boouhh!" Erden sticks out his tongue, showing me the coin in his right hand. "My turn."

I ambitiously hide the coin behind my back as he gives me so. After switching it in my right hand, I put both of my fist in front of him.

"Um..." He trails off, rubbing the sharp line of his jaw as he is thinking. "Left hand?"

"Oops, wrong choice."

He groans in frustration which makes me laugh, before doing a second shot.

With his eyes fixed on my hand, his feet are shaking repeatedly as he is deliberating. "Left hand?"

As he guessed right, I slowly open my hand and on seeing the coin, he pumps his fist in the air, almost jumping on the couch like a kid.

"I would have told you anyway, I was just teasing you." I jeer, which makes exhilaration dies down.

"So tell me already." He asks, impatiently.

"Okay, okay." I intake a breath of courage and meet his eyes. "Erden..."

For the first time, my hand slowly reaches for his. He looks down at the grasp, smiling deeply. He then gazes back at my face with so much hope. My heartbeat accelerates as I finally say. "I-I've thought a lot about us, and I want to give us a chance."

The happiness of his face on hearing me at that moment is inexplicable

"I want to complete our story." The sea-green color of his eyes is as if sparkling, so hopeful and dreamy for us. The same dream which I want to turn into reality.

His hand intertwines in mine before he lifts it up to his lips and places a gentle kiss. I melt as he does so, and even more when he leaves another one on my forehead. "You won't regret it."

(•ө•)♡

Wouhou! Hazel finally accepted!❤

Do you like playing pick a hand?😏