Bus

After driving for a few minutes, I spot him walking along the dirt road and he looks surprised to see me at first, even though he could've easily heard my car coming from a mile away.

When I pull over next to him, I reach across the seat and open up the passenger door so he can get inside. Instead, he just stands there looking confused.

"Get in the car, little wolf".

"Nice to see you too, but what are you doing?"

Think of something convincing that won't make you look like a lovesick idiot. If only I had the balls to tell him what's actually going on my head right now.

"You can't walk all the way to the bus station from here, it'll take forever".

"And here was I thinking you didn't care?"

"Just shut up and get in the car".

He finally gets in and throws his bag in the backseat. I'm so damn nervous right now that when I set off driving again, my palms are sweating.

"So did my mom put you up to this?"

Honestly, I was too worried I might accidentally blurt out everything she'd just confessed to me back there, so I'd rather not talk about her too much.

"No, not really. I'm just mature enough to realise that I would've regretted it if I didn't say goodbye to you in person".

"I'm glad you did".

After a couple more minutes of uncomfortable silence between us in the car, he says something that confuses me at first.

"There's probably something that I should confess".

"Oh yeah?"

"I might not have been entirely honest with you in the past".

"Really? About what?"

Please don't tell that he does have a girlfriend after all of this or I might just pull the car over and kick his ass out.

"Before, when I told you that I wasn't in a pack, I was lying to you".

Why not tell me the truth about something like that? It didn't matter to me whether he was or not, I was just really curious about him at the time.

"Okay. Can I ask why?"

"I haven't exactly had the best experience when it comes to werewolves in the past. I didn't really know you then and that made it hard for me to trust you".

Understandable. Some random person suddenly appears in your life that you don't wanna give all your deepest darkest secrets to. I was the same way with him.

"So do you trust me now?"

"You've taken great care of my mom while she was sick, and you saved my life. If that doesn't earn my trust then I don't know what does".

"Good to know".

"Do you trust me?"

"Of course. You're the valiant protector that came running to my rescue, even if you did nearly get yourself killed doing it".

"You're seriously never gonna let me live that down, are you?" he laughs.

"Not in a million years, little wolf".

Once we stop at the next red light, I'm extremely aware of just how close to the bus station is to where we are now.

"Hey, seeing as you've gotten me here early and there's still some time left, do you maybe wanna grab a coffee with me?"