Special Chapter

disclaimer: this special chapter has been revisioned and has been tweaked a little bit. some details may have been changed.

~

Special Chapter

Family

I let out a deep sigh as my hands kept on caressing Andre's chest. It was just earlier when we got engaged. We decided to go back inside the warm place after a few minutes of staying outside.

I bit my lower lips just upon remembering something very important to me that he still doesn't know. I just... never had the courage to tell him, because I don't want to disappoint him.

I took in a sharp breath as I swallowed the big lump inside my throat. Tumikhim ako at saka tinapik nang mahina ang aking katabing lalaki sa kama. My head was placed on top of his chest while his arm was around my waist, pulling me closer to him.

"Hey, are you asleep?" I softly whispered as my head tried to take a peek of him. Agad ko namang naramdaman ang paggalaw ng kaniyang katawan kasabay ng kaniyang pagsagot.

"Hmm? What is it?" he hummed as I felt his hand that was on my waist crept up to my hair.

"There is one thing that you need to know, before we get married," kinakabahan kong banggit. "I promised to be honest and open to you, so I'll tell you already before we even get tied," dagdag ko.

Hindi na muli itong sumagot pa at nagpatuloy lamang sa paglalaro sa aking buhok. "Andre, I know that you have long been wanting a family. Knowing that you're getting older, I know that you really want a child sooner or later."

I don't want to hide anything from him now. I'll be as honest as I can since that is how relationships should work.

Kahit na medyo may pagkadilim sa loob ng kuwarto ay kitang-kita ko pa rin ang pagkunot ng kaniyang noo. His fingers didn't stop from playing with my hair as I waited for his response, but it never came.

I bit my lower lip as I felt the sides of my eyes well with tears. In the past three years that we have been together, he sometimes told me that he always wanted a child. Of course, one of his own flesh and blood. One that is really from him.

"After we divorced, a few months after that, I was diagnosed with Chlamydia. A sexually transmitted disease that I didn't know where and whom I got it from. It was left untreated for months, and it had a side effect on my body," I paused in the middle to swallow the big lump inside my throat.

"I had PID, which I obviously got from Chlamydia. Just like what I've said, it was left untreated for months. One of my tubes got blocked, but it was immediately treated," I trailed off.

"It might be hard for us to get pregnant, especially in the natural way."

Unti-unting sumikip ang aking dibdib nang maramdaman ang kaniyang kabilang kamay na pumalibot sa akin. He pulled me tighter and closer to him.

Sinubsob ko ang aking mukha sa kaniyang dibdib kasabay ng pagyakap ko pabalik sa kaniya. "You can back out if you want to... You know, I'm willing to let you go if you really want to build a family immediately and if you want a woman who can easily give you one. It's still early, we just got engaged, we haven't announced it to anyone yet. You can still find anothe—"

Napatigil ako nang biglaan itong tumawa. I felt his chest vibrate against mine as he continued to let out a soft laugh. My eyebrows immediately furrowed as I looked up at him. I was taken aback when I suddenly felt his lips land on top of my head. Pinagpatuloy niya ang paghaplos sa aking buhok habang nakatitig sa aking mga mata.

"I am not backing out, Imo. I proposed to you and I'll marry you. Nothing can change my mind," he answered with a wide smile written on his face.

Mas lalo lamang kumunot ang aking noo nang marinig iyon. "But, you want a family, Andre! A-And you're not getting any younger too! Can't you understand? Mahihirapan akong magbuntis. I probably need to undergo a lot of tests and medications."