Chapter 33

Chapter 33

Wedding Dress

Dahil dalawang linggo lamang ang binigay sa amin ng aming mga magulang para maghanda para sa kasal ay dumiretso na agad ako sa pag-aayos. Just like what Tita Aurora promised me, they did hire a wedding organizer to lessen the stress that I will get.

During the days, I usually stay at the office and on breaks, I try my best to meet up with the wedding organizer, kahit sandali lamang. Then after work, I once again meet up with the wedding organizer through the internet.

Andre was too busy to even help with the wedding. It's been five days straight of me arranging it. We already had the venue, reception, and the list of people who's going to be invited. Even though Andre was not there to help, Tita Aurora did not disappoint me and stayed by my side, especially on the weekends.

It's the first Saturday of me preparing for the wedding. For today, Tita Aurora and I decided to go to a wedding gown shop for my dress. I was a bit disappointed when I found out that my mother won't be able to be there for me while I pick my dress, but I guess I can't do anything about it anymore.

"What is your ideal dress, hija?" nakangiting tanong sa akin ni Tita Aurora. She walked through the whole wall full of wedding dresses hanged on a rack. "Do you like a princess gown? Or maybe a gown made of satin?" tanong nito sabay hila ng dalawang magkaibang klase ng gown.

I gave her a small smile as I shook my head to the side. "I've always wanted a mermaid gown, Tita..." I said.

Nanlaki ang kaniyang mga mata kasabay ng paghila niya ng isa sa mga gowns na ganoon ang style. "Like this one? Won't it be too tight for your belly?" nag-aalala nitong tanong.

Napatingin ako sa babaeng nakabantay sa amin habang tumitingin ng gown si Tita Aurora. "We can adjust the size of the dress naman po, Maam. If you want to add some space to the belly part but still maintain its shape, we can do that for you," magalang nitong sagot.

"Great, then! Pick some gowns that you like!" she said and gave some way for me to pick the ones that I like. I stepped closer to rackets full of wedding gowns and picked out three of them. I decided to keep the first stain dress that Tita Aurora pulled out as it was also made in a mermaid styled gown.

I gave it to the staff as she took it in one of the fitting rooms. "I'll be back, Maam. I'll just fix everything," sabi nito sa akin. I nodded at her.

Napagdesisyunan namin ni Tita Aurora na umupo muna sa isa sa mga couches nila habang hinahanda pa nila ang mga kailangan. "Have you talked to Andre about this?" tanong nito sa akin habang naghahalungkat sa kaniyang bag. She pulled out a square-shaped face powder and reapplied some to her face.

"Oh, we haven't talked yet since the last time we met at the dinner," natatawa kong sagot.

We talked inside the car, on the way home, but that's it. I sometimes get a glance of him at the office when we coincidentally see each other by the lobby, but we never talked. We sometimes communicate through the phone though.

Agad naman kumunot ang noo ni Tita nang marinig ang aking sagot. Bumagsak ang kaniyang balikat kasabay ng pagbaba ng kaniyang kamay na hawak-hawak ang flat na makeup sponge. "Almost a whole week have passed and you still haven't talked to each other yet? You don't miss each other?" nagtataka nitong tanong.

I shifted on my seat as I avoided Tita's gaze. "Ah, well, I do miss him. But, I can't just snatch him away from his work, especially that the company will be given to him in just a few days, so I can understand that he's quite busy," palusot ko.

"Ah, hija, you are too understanding. If I were you, I would demand my husband to come see me even if it's just for a few minutes," natatawa nitong banggit. I chuckled together with her. "You know what, this wouldn't do..." dagdag nito at saka muling bumaling sa kaniyang bag.