Chapter 27

Chapter 27

His Decision

Nang mapagtantuan 'kong sa wakas ay nasabi ko na rin sa kaniya ang aking matagal nang gustong sabihin ay agad akong nakaramdam ng biglaang paggaan ng loob. But it was immediately replaced by the rapid beating of my heart inside my chest.

Nanatili akong nakatungo, nakatingin sa aking mga kamay habang hinihintay ang kaniyang magiging sagot. I don't know how he will react with this. I don't know him well enough to predict his reactions.

It just really shows how little we know about each other's personal lives. We only know how the other party gets satisfied in bed. We only know the right spots and where to touch to be able to pleasure each other. But, other than that, we know nothing.

I guess that it's also a good thing, meaning that we really never crossed the boundaries that we set in this arrangement of ours.

Unti-unti nang kumukunot ng aking noo nang hindi pa rin ako nakakakuha ng sagot mula sa kaniya. Even a single gasp or shout, it never came out from him. Nanatili kaming napapalibutan ng nakakabinging katahimikan.

I slowly raised my head to see him still staring straight at me. I really can't tell what he's feeling right now. His facial expressions were very normal and somehow... calm. "Andre, I said that I'm pregnant..." I whispered once again.

Nang lumabas ito mula sa aking bibig ng pangalawang beses ay muling natahimik ang buong paligid. The deafening silence was slowly eating the whole room. The anxiety deep within me, slowly drowning me in uncontrollable thoughts as the silence kept on going.

What is he thinking? Is he happy? Is he confused, sad, or angry? Does he need some time to think of it thoroughly? Do I need to leave him alone and give him some space?

My feet that is hidden underneath my legs were slowly getting colder by the minute. Ang aking mga kamay ay unti-unti na ring nanlalamig kasabay ng sobrang bilis na pagkabog ng aking puso.

I lightly flinched as I felt him move from his position. Tumingala ako at nadatnan itong tumayo mula sa pagkakaupo. Ang kaniyang kanang kamay ay lumipad sa kaniyang bibig, gumagapang pataas sa kaniyang mahabang buhok. He swept the black locks of his long hair backward with his long, slick fingers. I heard him let out a loud sigh as he faced his back at me.

"Damn it, Imo," I heard him whispered.

Napapikit ako nang marinig ang kaniyang sinabi. Looks like he'll blame me for this.

"You know that you can reject us, right?" mabilisan 'kong sagot pabalik. Uunahan ko na siya. Just based from that single reaction, I know that he doesn't and will never want this.

I knew it from the very start that this will be his decision.

"I knew it..." he inaudibly whispered to himself. Napakunot ang aking noo nang hindi ko marinig nang maiigi ang kaniyang mahihinang bulong.

I let out a sigh as I extended my legs to stand up from the couch. I looked behind me and reached for my bag that was left on the couch. "I'm leaving then. I'll give you some time to think of this... situation," I said as I quickly walked over to the door of his condo.

I slipped my feet in my rubber shoes that was placed just beside the door. "You can just contact me if you already have a decision. We can meet some other time, or if you want to, you can just reject us through the phone. I'll take care of everything else," dagdag ko pa.

I extended my arms and reached for the doorknob of his door. Agad ko itong binuksan at mabilisang pumanhik palabas ng condo. I straightened my back as I quickly walked through the hallways and didn't even hesitate to leave.