Chapter 32

Chapter 32

Trust Me On This

Sumakay kami ni Andre sa aking sasakyan nang mapagpasyahan naming mag-usap sa ibang lugar. We decided to go to a hotel nearby where we can stay for the meantime. Mas mabuti nang dito muna kami manatili at mag-usap kaysa sa bahay nila. We need a more private space to talk in.

I let out a deep sigh as I stepped in the small room that we got. Ibinaba ko ang aking bag sa kama na nasa gitna at saka umupo sa upuang malapit dito. I raised my hand up to my hair as I swept it backwards. I blew out cold air through my mouth as my hand slowly slide down.

"I can't believe that they're still not buying our excuse..." bulong ko.

I heard Andre close the door of the small room as he walked closer to me.

"Is this really the only solution?" inis 'kong tanong sa lalaking nakatayo sa aking harapan. Paikot-ikot ito ng lakad sa maliit na espasyo ng hotel na tinutuluyan namin.

"There are other options, but this is the best one. This is also what our parents wants the most for the the both of us. I guess we don't have a choice but to do it," sagot nito habang hinihilot ang kaniyang sentido.

Nanlaki ang aking mga mata sa kaniyang mga sinabi. "What do you mean do it?! I thought you like having other options? They're giving us the will to decide on our own, so that we can go for what we both want, but you're just settling for this?!" hindi ko makapaniwalang tanong. He always likes having a second option! Bakit siya pumapayag sa isang solusyon na binigay sa amin ng kaniyang magulang? We can figure other things out to solve this!

"We just need to pretend as lovers, Imogen. That should be easy," kalmado nitong sagot at huminga nang malalim. Tinalikuran ako nito at naglakad palayo.

"Pretend as lovers? You know that that is not the solution they gave us," madiin 'kong banggit kasabay ng matatalim 'kong titig dito.

He's denying the fact that we're really going to undergo that process, just to solve this problem of ours. He left out a small information about the proposal his family gave us.

"Do I look like the person who gets tied down easily?" iritado nitong sagot sabay harap pabalik sa aking harapan.

I smirked as I raised an eyebrow at him. I leaned my whole body at the back of the chair and crossed my arms on top of my chest. I let out a scoff as I stared right into his eyes.

"I'm not the one who gets tied down easily too, Andre. Especially not in the case of marriage," I firmly stated.

"Then, what is your plan?" tanong nito sa akin.

A small smirk appeared on my lips as I looked back to him. I met his eyes and locked it with mine. We just need a good plan. And, thankfully, I already have one in mind. A plan that will benefit not only us, but also our parents.

A whole week have passed after our meeting with our parents. Muli kaming nag-arrange ng isa pang pagkakataon upang makausap sila. This time, I already have a concrete plan. And, I'm sure that we will all be happy with this decision.

It's a Saturday night when we all decided to meet. This time, Andre and I arranged it in a private room in one of the five-star restaurants around the city. It's to avoid for our parents to be uncomfortable talking about it in public.

Knowing my mother, who is a famous designer in the country, she takes a lot of care with her name in the fashion and clothes industry. As well as Andre's father, he can't afford for his name to be dirtied by his son's personal issues. Lalo na't ilang araw na lamang ay ililipat na nang tuluyan kay Andre and kompanya nito.