Chapter 15

Chapter 15

Finally Back

Friday morning came and it was the day for the anniversary of the company. The office was closed for all of the workers to enjoy the day without work. We were all invited in a big venue near the company building. It was said that we are all welcome to join them at three o'clock.

I woke up later than I expected. It was already ten in the morning when I heard my alarm clock. It was the last reminder that I clicked last night out of the five alarm clocks I set.

"Ah, shit," I groaned as I grabbed my phone that was placed on top of my side table. I was immediately greeted by hundreds of texts from Jade and Nica asking me when I will get ready for the party.

I ignored all of their texts as I unconsciously looked further into my contacts. I scoffed as a small smirk appeared on my lips. "Still nothing..." I mumbled. I clicked on the name that I've long been staring at.

Andre Dating App

Our last text was last Saturday. It was when he called for me to come find him inside Hugh's newly opened bar. I guess, he's very busy. I didn't expect his out of town to be this long.

Agad akong napatigil sa pag-iisip ng kung ano-ano nang mapagtantuan ang aking mga naiisip. Why am I even thinking of him? I shouldn't expect any updates coming from him. We're not together, so who am I to expect anything from him? We're just mere fuck buddies. That-well, still haven't fucked.

I groaned as I closed my eyes tightly. I turned my phone off and placed my arm on top of my closed eyes. "Ah, fuck. I'm craving for physical touch too much..." I whispered to myself.

I shook those thoughts off and forced myself to get up. I cooked my lunch and after eating, I prepared myself for the party. I was about to enter the bathroom when I suddenly remembered the black dress I borrowed from my mother. I let out a sigh as I walked out of my condo.

Bumaba ako sa parking lot at diretsong naglakad papunta sa aking kotse. I opened the back seat doors and grabbed the black dress covered in plastic. I forgot to bring it up this whole time. I was so busy in work especially that we all had to finish a lot more papers because of our supposed to be day off.

Muli akong bumalik sa taas at agad ding sinimulan ang aking pagligo. It took me an hour in the shower doing all kinds of stuff.

Lumabas ako ng banyo ng may nakabalot na tuwalya sa aking katawan pati na rin sa ulo. I walked to my bed where I placed the dress and got rid of the plastic wrapped around it. I grabbed the hanger of the dress and raised it in the air. It was a black ruched blazer dress with a belt to show the curves. I quickly wore it and looked at the full body mirror that I have in my room. The dress stops just above the knees, so I guess it's still fine to wear in the party.

I blow-dried my hair and slicked my orange hair back. I pinned my bangs to the side to get a cleaner look. I used a lot of hairspray to make my hair stay in its place. After the hair, I did my makeup. I decided to avoid a very dramatic look. Just a bit of brow eyeshadow, foundation and concealer, nude lipstick, eyeliner, and mascara. No one will notice me in that party anyway, so what's the use of getting ready and putting a lot of effort in my look.

I grabbed one of black stiletto shoes and also a black bag. Nang sumilip ako sa orasan ay saktong two forty-five. "Just in time," sabi ko sa sarili ko at napagpasyahan nang magpunta sa venue.

It took me ten minutes to drive over to the venue. It's just a few walks away from the company building, so it's easy to find. Nang makapag-park ay inilabas ko ang aking cellphone at saka lamang tinignan ang mga text nina Jade at Nica.