Chapter 29

Chapter 29

First Ultrasound

Hindi na ako muling nagsalita pa nang sabihin iyon ni Andre. I stayed quiet and just played with my phone while he was quietly driving. Ilang minuto rin ang lumipas nang maramdaman 'kong itinigil niya na ang sasakyan. I raised my head and looked outside, only to see the building of my condo.

"Since you're telling it to your parents, I'll tell mine too," sabi ko rito. I grabbed my bag that was placed on the side. "Contact me if you've already told your parents about it. I'll probably tell them by the phone," pahabol ko pa at saka humarap sa pintuan ng kotse upang buksan ito.

"Through the phone? Are you sure that it will be okay for your parents? It's not a usual and simple news to take, especially them knowing that you're not dating anyone right now," nag-aalala nitong tanong sa akin.

"Well, I can talk to my father tomorrow, but I don't think I can meet my mother any time soon. She's probably busy with her business..." I trailed off, slowly remembering that she's probably busy redesigning for the new clothes that they will launch.

"Okay, then. If that's your decision, I'll leave you to it. I'll talk to my parents about it the weekends," he replied. "I'll see you tomorrow then. Call me if you need anything," dagdag pa nito.

I nodded as I opened the door of the passenger's seat. I stepped out of the car and immediately closed it. Hindi ko na ito nilingon pang muli at saka naglakad papasok sa loob ng aking condo building.

Hindi pa ako nakakatagal na nakakapasok sa loob ng aking condo ay agad ko nang naramdaman ang pag-vibrate ng aking telepono sa loob ng aking handbag. I quickly opened it and looked for the phone inside. Tinignan ko ang screen ng aking cellphone at nakita roon ang pangalan ni Andre.

Andre Dating App calling...

I let out a frustrated sigh and clicked the green button. I raised the phone up to my ears and said, "What is it?"

"I would like to know how many weeks you have been pregnant. I'm guessing that you already know?" bungad ng kaniyang malalim na boses mula sa kabilang linya.

"Oh, I think I'm in my sixth week right now..." I said, trying to remember the last time I went to my doctor. "That reminds me, I'm getting my first ultrasound probably this week too. Would you like to come with me? We can ask my doctor too on how early we can have the DNA test for the baby..." dagdag ko pa.

"Okay. I'll look into the schedule this week."

"Okay, then," I replied back. I looked down at my feet and slowly stepped out of my black pumps. I immediately felt the relief and satisfaction when I felt the palm of my feet make contacy with the carpeted floor.

Agad namang nawala ang aking atensyon doon nang marinig si Andre.  He hummed through the phone that echoed throughout my eardrums. "I'll call you if I already get my schedule. Have a good night, Imo," his husky voice whispered that sent shivers down my spine.

Napalunok tuloy ako sabay tingin sa ibang paligid sa aking kuwarto. I slowly felt my face burning as all the blood in my body transfers up to my cheeks. I haven't heard that husky voice for a while now. I only hear it either when we're on bed or when he's tired and still talking to me. I noticed that we did nothing but fight in the past few days.

Well, I can't blame myself nor him. We were both frustrated and overwhelmed by everything that is happening around us.

I hummed back as I unconsciously nodded my head without even thinking if he can see me or not. "Good night too, Andre. I'll get going then," I said and immediately hang up the phone.