Chapter 47

note: a short message to the readers. As much as you hate Imogen as a person, please don't blame her for the death of their child. She had nothing to do with it. She tried to keep the baby safe as much as she can. Understand the both of them. Parehas lang sila nawalan. Hate how toxic Imogen copes with her loss, but don't hate her as a mother. Thank you.

Chapter 47

A Woman

"Maia! Let's go!" rinig kong sigaw sa akin ni Jade. We are now on our way to a small trip with only the three of us. Nag-aya kasi si Jade ng two-day vacation namin. She decided to take us to a beach.

Agad akong sumakay sa kotse ni Jade at tinapon sa aking tabi ang mga dala-dalang gamit. "Where are we going again?" tanong ko rito. Nica was already sitting on the passenger's seat.

"We're going to one of my most favorite place!" she exclaimed as she flashed a wide and bright smile on her lips.

I shook my head to the side as I slowly let out a laugh. "A bar?" tanong ko rito.

"Yup! Let's go to one of the most famous bar around this area! I haven't been there, but let's see! I heard that it's pretty good there!" tuwang-tuwa nitong sagot. She's pretty predictable when it comes to her favorite place. Wala na rin naman kasi kaming pinupuntahan pang lugar kundi ang bar.

Agad itong nagsimulang magmaneho papunta sa aming pupuntahan. We're currently staying in a beach house, away from the city. It was a small gift that I bought for myself in the past. Since we are in a beach, we heard that there was a small bar near the beach. It's known for its colorful drinks and good music.

I looked down on my phone as I scrolled through my social media. "Hey, guys. We're pretty close already," paalala ni Jade sa amin. "It's just a five minute drive away from the house..."

I immediately placed my phone down as I grabbed my ponytail. I tied my hair up in a high bun as I reached for my white beach waist cover up and attached it on my waist.

Nang makapag-park si Jade sa gilid ay agad naman kaming nagsilabasan. The orange mixed with blue colored sky immediately greeted us. The fresh wind caressing my skin as I looked at the sunset that can be seen from afar. "Look! There's only a few people!" Jade exclaimed as she pointed at the opened area bar.

Jade was wearing a nude colored two piece bikini and covered her body with a floral beach cover up. Habang si Nica naman ay naka-itim na one piece bikini. She paired it with black tight shorts and black sunglasses. I picked my simple white two piece bikini and tied a waist cover up on the lower part.

Agad tumakbo si Jade papunta sa bar habang may malaking ngiting nakapaskil sa kaniyang mukha. I shook my head to the side as Nica and I slowly walked over to the area. Nang makarating kami doon ay kausap na agad ni Jade ang isa sa mga bartender. She's already ordering some drinks.

I sat down on the counter seats as I looked around the whole place. It was not like the bars in the city. Enclosed, full of people that are sweating buckets. Here, you can feel the fresh air fanning over your skin because of the opened area. It's very refreshing especially when you're used living in the polluted city.

Napabalik ang aking tingin kay Jade nang mapansin itong may inaabot na inumin sa amin. I looked down on the drink and smiled when I saw how colorful it was. It was almost like the color of the sunset. Red at the bottom while yellow on top. Now, I know why they are known here for their drinks. "Kaunti lang alcohol content niyan, so you wouldn't get drunk easily," banggit ni Jade.

I nodded at her as I took a sip on the drink. I closed my eyes as I felt the refreshing feeling hit my mouth. This is good!

Nanatili lamang kaming tatlong nakaupo sa counter seats habang pinapanuod na unti-unting dumadami ang tao sa paligid habang palubog na ang araw. The more the sun goes down, the more people comes in.