Chapter 43

Chapter 43

Come Back

My forehead creased as I felt a slight pain in my head. I closed my eyes tightly as I slowly opened it. I was immediately greeted by the bright white light hanging on the roof. I raised my left hand as I covered my eyes with it.

Mas lalong kumunot ang aking noo nang unti-unti nang masanay ang aking mata sa maliwanag na ilaw sa loob ng kuwarto. My eyes wandered around the big room that I am currently in. The walls were plain white. There was a white cabinet on the other side of the room as well as a long white seat beside it. In front of me is a small television hanging on the wall and a table just to my left.

The room was already bright but it was still being illuminated by the light coming from the outside of the window. Pati ang mga kurtinang nakaharang sa bintana ay kulay puti rin. My eyes slowly diverted down to my body as I noticed the white cloth that I am in. Napatingin ako sa aking kanang kamay at nakita ang swerong nakakabit dito.

Why am I here? What happened last night? Why am I inside a hospital room? Why do I have a dextrose stuck in my hand right now?

Unti-unti kong inangat ang aking katawan ngunit agad din akong napatigil nang makaramdam ng sakit sa aking ulo. I closed my eyes tightly as my forehead creased. "Fuck..." I whispered to myself. Wala akong nagawa kung hindi manatili na lamang nakahiga sa puting kama.

Sa sobrang tahimik ng kuwartong ito ay tanging ang aircon at ang mahinang paggalaw lamang ng kamay ng orasan ang aking naririnig. I tried to swallow the big lump in my throat but it didn't make my feeling get any better as my throat was so dry.

Napapikit na lamang ako kasabay ng malakas kong pagbuntong-hininga. What the hell did I do again yesterday? The only thing that I remember was going in a night club not thinking of what the side effects to my body will be. I was so numb the past few days that I didn't care even about a single thing. Even my own body and life, I didn't care.

Unti-unting nag-init ang gilid ng aking mga mata nang maisip na naman ang lahat ng nangyayari. I went to a nightclub last night to make me forget about my problem. I really thought that it was the only solution that I can do to lessen the pain. Even if just a bit, I just want to lessen my suffering.

If pretending like I was okay was the only thing that can make me feel like I am really happy, then I would pretend the whole time. If distracting myself in various kinds of activities is the only thing that can make me forget about her even for a small moment, then I would do it. I just don't want to suffer anymore.

The more days that passes, the more I long for her. The more seconds that passed, the more my heart breaks for her. The more I try to forget about her, the more I think of her.

I didn't even notice it that I was already silently sobbing as tears continued to flow down to the side of my eyes. I'm tired of everything. I'm tired of crying. I'm tired of longing for her. I'm tired of suffering.

I immediately wiped the side of my face with the back of my hands as I sniffled.

Pipikit at magpapahinga na sana muli ako nang marinig kong bumukas ang pintuan ng kuwarto. I immediately looked at the direction of the door as I diverted my eyes to the person who is about to come inside. I waited to see who it was.

My heart beat faster when I saw a man walking inside, carrying a basket full of food and fruits. I immediately avoided his gaze and looked at the other side of the room. I heard his footsteps get closer to me as his presence felt nearer.

"You're finally awake," walang emosyon nitong banggit. I don't know what to reply to him. Am I supposed to be glad that he's the one who's here with me? Or should I be nervous since I've been intentionally avoiding him the past four days?