Chapter 60 (1)

Chapter 60: The Rise

His Perspective

"Bro, ano ba 'yang inaayos mo? Kanina ka pa nakatitig sa cellphone mo. Nalimutan mo na atang nasa bar tayo," Jaydee, one of closest friend told me with a laugh. Pumalakpak pa ito sa sobrang tuwa kasabay ng paglapit niya sa akin.

He took a peek on the screen of my phone and let out a dramatic gasp when he saw it. "Dating app? Bakit ka nag-dadating app?" gulat na gulat nitong tanong.

I shook my head to the side as I tsked. I kept on swiping left on the women that I see in the dating app. I don't want a serious relationship anymore. One thing that I learned on getting into a serious relationship is that it wouldn't last just like what you expected it to be. You may reach the point of four to five years, but that's it.

From the past two relationships that I had, it both lasted four years but we still ended up breaking up. They always told me that I was not patient enough when it comes to them. That I run away whenever they are at their lowest point in life, so they eventually broke up with me. Eight full years have gone to waste.

"Are you that desperate to replace Coleen in your heart? Bro, it has been a whole year already, you should move on," singit naman ng isa ko pang kaibigan na prenteng nakaupo sa aking tabi, Kurt.

My eyebrows furrowed upon hearing him. Coleen? I've moved on from her ages ago. I don't need a replacement just to forget her.

"I'm not looking for a replacement, Kurt. I'm looking for someone to sleep with," maiksi kong pagpapaliwang sa dalawa kong kaibigan.

Jaydee suddenly shouted in shock when he heard my reason. Seryoso ang mukha akong tumingin dito.

"Fuck buddy hanap mo? Ay, tangina, bakit ka sa dating app naghahanap? Wala kang makikita diyan. Mag-ikot-ikot ka kaya dito sa bar? Baka sakaling may mahanap ka pa," malakas ang tawa nitong sagot sa akin.

I didn't mind the two of them and continued looking for a woman eligible for my standards. I'm not that picky when it comes to finding someone to sleep with. The only thing that I am really considering is she has to be someone who doesn't want any commitment.

I was already swiping left on hundreds of women and I still haven't found one to swipe right on. What the fuck. This is harder than I thought it was.

I once again swiped left on a woman and the next woman immediately appeared on the screen of my phone. My thumb stopped as I read her bio. Despite looking like she's my type, her bio was also the one that caught my attention.

'no dating, just fucking'

I jumped from my seat when Jaydee suddenly reached for my phone. Agad naman sumunod si Kurt sa pagkuha noon, sinusubukan ring tingnan ang nakalagay sa screen. I shook my head to the side as I tried to take my phone back, away from them.

I suddenly heard Jaydee's laugh as he pointed at the screen of my phone. "Bro, ang ganda nito, bro!" Jaydee exclaimed with a wide grin painted on his lips as he also took a peek at the screen.

I extended my arms as I took my phone away from them. As if both of my friends were compelled to follow the light of my phone, they sat beside me once again when I grabbed my phone. I once again looked at the screen.

"Swipe on her already!" Kurt exclaimed as he tried to reach for the screen of my phone, wanting to swipe right on the woman. I quickly extended my arms away from him.

"Bro, look at this, tignan mo 'to, oh! 'No dating, just fucking' lang daw! Bro, she might be the one you're looking for!" pang-aasar pa niya. "Swipe na!" sabi ni Jaydee.