Prologue

Prologue

"Is this really the only solution?" inis 'kong tanong sa lalaking nakatayo sa aking harapan. Paikot-ikot ito ng lakad sa malaking espasyo ng hotel na tinutuluyan namin.

"There are other options, but this is the best one. This is also what our parents wants the most for the the both of us. I guess we don't have a choice but to do it," sagot nito habang hinihilot ang kaniyang sentido.

Nanlaki ang aking mga mata sa kaniyang mga sinabi.

"What do you mean do it?! They're giving us the will to decide on our own, so that we can go for what we both want, but you're just settling for this?!" hindi ko makapaniwalang tanong.

He always likes having a second option! Bakit siya pumapayag sa isang solusyon na binigay sa amin ng aming mga magulang? We can figure other things out to solve this!

"We just need to pretend as lovers, Imogen. That should be easy," kalmado nitong sagot at huminga nang malalim. Tinalikuran ako nito at naglakad palayo.

"Pretend as lovers? You know that that is not the solution they gave us," madiin 'kong banggit kasabay ng matatalim 'kong titig dito.

He's denying the fact that we're really going to undergo that process, just to solve this problem of ours. He left out a small information about the proposal our families gave us.

"Do I look like the person who gets tied down easily?" iritado nitong sagot sabay harap pabalik sa aking harapan.

I smirked as I raised an eyebrow at him. I leaned my whole body at the back of the chair and crossed my arms on top of my chest. I let out a scoff as I stared right into his eyes. "I'm not the one who gets tied down easily too, Andre. Especially not in the case of marriage."

💍

-zχαnтℓуχ-