Chapter 6

Chapter 6

Agreement

Nang makaupo kami sa loob ng restaurant ay agad din naman kaming umorder. While waiting for our order, I thought of a question to start a conversation. "So what do you do?" paninimula ko. I leaned in the table and placed both of my elbows on top. Pinagsiklop ko ang dalawa kong kamay at binigyan ito ng matatalim na mga tingin.

He looked at me with a smile painted on his face. "I'm currently practicing on handling the company of my father. It's actually been delayed for years now, and I can't refuse to take it this time anymore."

"Your father's company? Is that why you're at the company yesterday and today? Do you have any business with the company I'm working at?" tanong ko pa.

He raised his eyebrows as he leaned in closer. "Oh, what do you mean? My father's the owner of the company you're working on..." he trailed off.

My brows slightly furrowed upon hearing his response. My jaw slightly dropped as my eyes slowly widened. Why didn't I think that he can be the son of the owner of this company? Bakit hindi man lang pumasok sa utak ko ang ideyang iyon? "Your father is the owner?" ulit ko. He nodded and smiled. I scoffed as I averted my gaze from his. So, that means his father is the boss of my father? How small is this world?

"Oh, I haven't introduced myself properly. Why don't we tell some basic information about us?" pag-iiba ko ng topic. "Amaia Imogen Muñoz, just call me Imogen. I'm twenty four years old and currently working at your father's company."

I raised my right hand and offered it to him. 

"Andre Percival Velasquez, thirty years old," maiksi nitong pagpapakilala. Nanlaki ang aking mga mata nang marinig ang kaniyang edad. Thirty? He doesn't look like one, though... I just realized that I didn't check his age when we were still on the dating app. I was too busy looking for his face that I forgot to check his age.

I heard him chuckled upon seeing my reaction. He quickly raised his hand and drew it closer to mine. His warm and big hands covered my soft and small ones. "So, how will this work?" diretso nitong tanong sabay taas ng kaniyang kanang kilay.

"You mean the arrangement?" ulit ko. Binalik ko ang tingin ko rito at sinalubong ang kaniyang mga mata. He nodded and leaned back on the chair he was sitting on. He removed his hands that was placed on top of the table and placed it across his chest. "We can start by mentioning some rules that we want to be followed while we're still in this kind of arrangement. But, can I know first why you want to do this?" tanong ko pa.

"Simple. I just want to," he answered with a small smirk written on his face. "How about you?" tanong nito pabalik sa akin.

"Because I can," I blatantly answered. He chuckled as he leaned his arm on the table. "And, because, I want to stay with a single partner," dagdag ko pa.

"Coming from you, Imogen? If you were looking for a stable relationship and a lifetime partner, you should've written it on your bio. I'm not interested in getting into that kind of relationship," nakangiti nitong banggit. "I only swiped right on you because you were only looking for a fuck buddy and not a life time partner," dagdag pa nito.

Napatigil ito sa pagsasalita nang biglaang lumapit sa amin ang isang waiter sa aming table. Napatingin ako sa likuran niya at sinundan ng tingin ang waiter na dala-dala ang aming pagkain. He placed the dishes in front of us as well as a bottle of wine to the side. Tinanguan namin ito at agad naman itong umalis sa harapan namin.

Binalik ko ang aking tingin kay Andre at binigyan ito ng matamis na ngiti. "Don't flatter yourself too much, Andre. I'm doing this, because I'm tired of looking for a stranger to fuck with, that passes my standard. They either act rude, not my type, or can't satisfy me in bed," I said and sarcastically laughed.