3.7

Brenan just kept navigating the team to the fire station where he used to work. He has Dwain on his side to help him get rid of any threats on their path. While Daeshim and Jess were following and watching out their backs.

Every corner they would have taken was infested by a handful of zombies. They would leave a trail of dead infected and bullet shells as they clear out their way.

At first, they were complete strangers to everyone, but as time goes on they are learning to work together as a team, and somehow starting to get to know each other. 

"This just used to be a fine place," Dwain popped out as they walked through the main street where some small business establishments are structured just right after one another. 

Their doors used to be open and welcoming, and the happy faces of those who enjoy their services would be seen through those windows. At that time, the atmosphere of each place was lively. 

But now, those open and welcoming doors are now closed, and those clear windows are now covered with wooden barriers.

He's a little upset about how those places ended up in this apocalypse. 

"I feel sad-a' think ain't no more best ground beef chilis every Friday mornin'," Brenan however, was upset about one of their dishes being served in their firehouse before the apocalypse. 

"Not even a whole turkey fo' thanksgiving," Dwain added. 

"Man, I love me a big ol' gobbler on 24th, fuck this outbreak," Brenan spouted. 

"Great, would be a good idea to have meat nowadays, how practical," Jess remarked with a sarcastic tone. 

Brenan snarled upon hearing the nun's negation, "Ya' know you have to distinguish the 'infected' from 'vibe', coz you ain't gonna kill 'em both," he reacted. 

"What a shame for someone who's in medical field," Jess sighs and taunts him. 

"Bitch have point, discussin' 'bout foods ain't gonna work when you in a morbid setting, full of morbid motherfuckers." Dwain commented. 

Right after the man said that, they would hear loud and distant coughing sounds coming from somewhere. 

"See?, somebody's agree with me," Dwain added sarcastically, but became wary, he tried to find where it was coming from. 

Brenan immediately recognized the coughing sound and tried alerting them about that sound. 

"No it ain't somebody," He responded as he tightened his grips on his shotgun. 

The medic tried to perceive the noise's possible location, finding out it was seemingly coming somewhere behind and above them, but it was too late...

One minute Jess was just walking, when she felt a slimey and soft flesh wrapped around her body, suddenly she couldn't move. 

It was serving as a ligature that curled around from her feet to her neck. Last thing she felt was being pulled away from the group. 

Jess tried to resist it but she couldn't, as the force was too strong and she's fully deprived of capability. 

Daeshim widened his eyes as he saw it happened, after he quickly turned his attention to Jess. Next he saw a long dark-reddish object entangled around the nun pulling her away. 

"GUYS!" he shouted, calling the others' attention. 

The long ligature leads to a creature above a diner's rooftop they just passed by. Brenan knew it was that thing making that sound.