2.7

2.7

Upon fighting their way, Dwain would stop the group after randomly seeing spray-painted figures of an arrow and a house on a wall. He wondered what it was indicating, so he called it to the team. 

"You think we can trust these arrows?" he asked. 

Brenan shot a zombie off before noticing Dwain's voice and sights the vandal.

"Those lead to a safe room filled with weapons and supplies, seen 'em in autonomous zones, look how lucky we are folks," he explained.

He was able to recognize it as he had participated with the authorities and the military to force evacuation operations from those kinds of places—as medical assistance workers, before the outbreak's worst case scenario transpired. 

Dwain felt a huge relief upon hearing the medic's response, they would finally be able to rest for at least a while after a long time of restless running.

"God, I missed good news… let's move! " he utters as he moves towards some infected, firing at them, and lets his group come first.

Jess led the rest of the team their way towards the direction where the arrow was pointing at, to ensure that it was clear and moved away from Dwain as he gives them cover.

As the man noticed that the group was going, he reloaded his gun and fired last shots before catching up with them.

>>>

The survivors just followed the arrows until they reached an alleyway, there were still several infected going after them.

Dwain was doing all he can with all of his capabilities to hold off the horde from behind.

While Jess obliterated every hindrance across them, she would fire shots at every infected either roaming or coming their way, she was making the trail clear so they could pass through nicely. 

Few minutes of paces passed, they caught sight of a bunker-like room across their way. It was big enough to store a large amount of supplies. That must be the safehouse as Brenan stated earlier,

"There it is!" the medic exclaims upon viewing it.

Jess rushes to the room somehow, the door was open so she was free to go in. She enters the doorway with her weapons raised, her eyes adjusted to the minimal quantity of darkness but still able to see inside clearly, then she has seen no threat as she scans the whole place. 

Daeshim followed the nun as he discerned her movements indicating that the room was safe. As he came in, he leaned his hands and bent his back for a while to gain back some strength and air.

But what he noticed after looking up to the room again, were the very scant supplies stored inside. There were a handful of bullets and other ammunition distorted on the ground, but no gun, few medical and food supplies. 

The pair then stepped inside and waited for the others, Daeshim revolved back and peeked from the doorway, waving his hands inwards signaling Dwain and Brenan to get in,

"Faster! Come on!" he yelled in pressure. Jess turned back as well to help Dwain and carefully fired some shots towards Dwain's direction, taking down some zombies her eyes and aims would lock into.

Brenan was the first to them to go in, he halted then swiveled back to the doorway behind Daeshim and Jess to call Dwain, who was yet fighting off some zombies.

The athletic man bounces backwards while firing rapid shots at the horde, until his SMG runs out of bullets.

It was his last magazine so he ditched the gun away and turned his back to the zombies, he ran from their direction and gave all of his energy to reach for the door.

He bent his back a little as he careens—upon noticing Jess recklessly firing at his direction, 

"Shit!" Dwain exclaims as he hears the bullets whizzing through past close to him. He bent his elbows upwards and covered himself slightly as he goes towards the nun's shots. 

It was a crazy move of hers but it was helpful since the zombies chasing after him were decreasing.

No time for Dwain to scold Jess upon her reckless actions, he kept on approaching as he was finally able to hear Brenan and Daeshim louder as he reached the doorway, 

"Everybody Inside!" Dwain ordered them.

The three then obeyed and stepped inside as Dwain jerked his steps before going back to the door. There were few zombies coming in their direction and one of them was able to get to the door.

Dwain managed to jolt the metal door slamming the zombie as it attempted to come in, then kicked it away from them before shutting the door forcefully for them and locked it. 

Each of the group were panting, tired, and exhausted after that shady adventure. They could still hear the infected pounding on the door but they guaranteed to themselves that they wouldn't be able to enter anymore.

Daeshim was the most drained among the team, he leaned against the wall and slid his back downwards till he sit himself on the floor,

"Ooohh my God, I think I'm gonna pass out..." he complained as he was looking his head up and closing his eyes while panting.

He was not used to this because he wasn't engaging that much in cardio exercises back then—as Brenan formerly observed upon from escaping the EVAC earlier. 

"Man… That shit was horrible…" he paused for a while to breathe, 

"But it's freakin' awesome!… We made it in one piece y'all!…" Brenan breathily added with enthusiasm as he sat on a table. He couldn't think of anything much due to exhaustion. 

Dwain breathes more before spilling out some words, "Yeah, and I hope we have it till up to Denver…" 

"Right…" Brenan paused, then laid himself down on the table "...But we gotta rest first…" he added with grunts and sighs coming after… 

WE'RE SAFE… FOR NOW…