3.3

Then the athletic male yanked the shaft that blocks the gate before throwing it down the floor, and pushed it open. They made their way out and followed Dwain's lead through the chaotic and quiet field.

In their conscious paces, they have seen the whole area with the same setting from the places they have been earlier. The team was surrounded by many barbed-wired barricades with a pile of dead bodies on it, obviously corpses of infected, and more of them on the ground.

There are dead wherever they turn. The juxtapositional harmony of blood and dead people begot an eerie ambience along their surroundings.

"This place is so quiet..." Daeshim utters as he gazes around on the move.

"You ain't gonna say a damn thing that'll tot up the 'Q' word, man. I don't wanna be jinxed" The medic pointed out.

"You believe in that shit?" Dwain reacted with a furrowed expression.

"Hell, one time one of my colleagues acciden'ally said that word, we went all downa' jobtown 'n shit. I'm tellin' ya, end-to-end calls kept comin' that day, but our house ain't even that normally busy..." Brenan started.

Jess would just roll her eyes and shunt as she was listening to Brenan's story. It was tiring the hell out of her. She can't believe she has to be with these people for a long time just to survive.

Though the nun can just stick out from the group and do it herself, something unexplainable feeling inside holds her back from doing that, and she couldn't figure it out.

"We got caught up with 9 runs, 3 of 'em were high rise, 5 MVAs, 2 pin-jobs, and what's worse was this guy Willy crashed one of our boxes while respondin' to a call, guy couldn't meet my drivin' skills.

Anyways, that day, was a total disaster, we're lucky we didn't hit a damn full-house. All them happened in just one, single, fuckin', day. 27 hours to be precise.

Cap' had run all over hell's half acre cappin' the shit outta' those paperworks that time. Man... I've never been tuckered out like that ever in my life." Brenan yarns as they move.

The nun broke off from bemusement as the medic was done with his blabber and reacted upon it.

"Good thing you gave me a suture kit coz' I'm gonna use it to stitch your mouth" Jess remarked using the fact that she was given a first aid kit as well while they were preparing earlier.

"Why won't ya' just use it ta' stitch up yer bag of shitty attitude instead? You oughta' hold 'em back, gal, they're overflowin'," Brenan rebuts.

Dwain just shook his head and sighs as he heard the two arguing again. He felt relieved as they stopped as he thought of refraining them again by himself if they proceeded.

The athletic male kept the team moving on his lead and emerged to the main road filled with abandoned cars and other dead bodies. The group pulled over beside each other and observed the view.

"Looks like we're stuck in a traffic jam," Brenan commented.

"Yeah, a quiet one," Dwain added.

Brenan groans in dismay after hearing their leader. "Aww c'mon, what have I told y'all about that word!?" he complained.

Dwain didn't care and roved his glimpses around the place until he decided to follow sights of the road.

He then discovered that the road leads to a tunnel, but it was well-barricaded and unable to surpass.

"That tunnel's closed..." Dwain spouted.

"You think we're blind, big guy? Of course we can see that." Jess haughtily added, making the former sigh.