2.3

The survivors passed through the quiet but rumpled roads of that suburban area, but that silence was about to be broken when they ended up in a zombie-infested corner.

There were just few of those things, some of them were just wandering, others were either sitting on the ground and leaning against a car, or seemed to be resting towards a pole.

"Hold up," Dwain said as he stopped, he lent his left arm down and twisted it, then faced his palm behind to signal them as the team just did so.

Right as they halted, one zombie near the team noticed them, and engaged quick while arms flapped. Dwain's reaction was of course to immediately draw his weapon.

In his haste, he inevitably held the gun with a side grip and aimed at the zombie. Then pulled the trigger and starts making rapid sounds, the bullets fired went straight to the infected and fell down right before it reached him.

The other infected noticed the survivors as they became aware of their appearance, hence they were awakened and started running towards the survivors.

The rest of the group followed shots as they learned about incoming attackers. Brenan held his pistol with his arms both straight and a tight grip.

He was a little nervous but he coped it, then deliberately pulled the trigger and started blasting the zombies coming his way.

He knew himself his shooting was still awful, he was even doing the teacupping technique while holding his gun.

But he hoped that he'll get used to it as time passes because surely he will be doing it for the next few days straight for him to survive. That's if they really did survive.

Daeshim held his UZI's handguard with left hand while his right hand did the shooting, unlike Dwain who only uses one arm for firing his MAC-10-then picked off every zombie on his precise range.

While Jess did her usual in her MP5, her shooting skills are stunning, from her stance down to the way she holds the gun, very professional, as if she's already used in killing.

They carry on firing at the zombies until they wiped them all out, Dwain stopped shooting as he killed the last of them while still remaining on the side grip,

"Man, It felt I was vibin' gangsta and all with this thing" he remarked upon, seeing that he was holding the gun like a street gangster back on his days.

"Dude was just like in 90's Hollywood and shit," Brenan added as he lowered his pistol.

"I'm telling you, most of them were just inaccurate and nonsense," Jess added melancholically.

"But they're right about zombies" Daeshim tagged on.

The group then noticed another group of zombies coming from different sides of the intersection few meters across them.

"Speakin' of the devils" Brenan added upon seeing them as well

"Get movin'!" Dwain commanded as they scoot their way towards the infected.

They went through the barricade of abandoned cars along the road between the line of unattended houses where there are zombies as well coming out from, one by one.

Dwain and Jess fired their weapons at the zombies coming in their front, while Daeshim and Brenan took both sides and shot each infected that would come towards their direction.

They obliterated some of those creatures and finally reached the intersection. Their unanticipated camaraderie helped them clear out their way as they moved along.

Brenan just found it serendipitous as they stopped and made it to the crossroad. But then his joy would change into wonder as he caught sight of a strange creature with odd gestures from a distance.