Chapter 18

Christmas Day came rolling around the corner and Kaminari and Jiro were let off on break for around 2 weeks a well deserved break too, with the random tension that would fill the room when those two were just standing most of the time they couldn't even look at eachother, avoiding any form of contact unless it was absolutely necessary.

It was the 24th of December and Kyoka was at her parents house getting ready for dinner her dad was in the other room "changing" but in reality he was wrapping up some last minute gifts he had forgotten about. Kyoka stared at her black suitcase opening it up promptly looking for something to wear the girl picked out a black dress one that stuck to her body more obviously due to the loss of weight it was a little loose but it fit her well still. She had slipped it on feeling quite insecure but she knew her family was supportive of her with whatever she did so there was no way that she would be put down by wearing this dress.

Kyoka had clipped on some necklaces to make it look more stylish and she put on some black boots and tights finally feeling just a tad bit exposed she wore a black leather jacket on top. Being satisfied with her outfit she couldn't help but let a shy smile out. She was very insecure but she felt comfortable. Kyoka looked back at her suitcase finding a familiar black hoodie one she had forgotten to give back.

She sighed with guilt she knew she had packed it on purpose she wanted to feel his embrace the smell of him with still on it at least, she couldn't keep living like this really it was damaging her not only emotionally. She needed to fix it but she didn't have any ideas not one, and she had no one to go to or to ask for help.

Jiro sighed pushing the thought to the side she didn't want to let it ruin her Christmas she decided she'd think about it later and make a plan but for now she was gonna focus on being herself and having fun. That's what Denki wouldve wanted at least, for me to have fun. She smiled at the thought of his laugh.

"Kyokaaa!! Come down dinners almost ready!" Mika yelled from downstairs. "Coming mom!" She smiled as she shut her suitcase leaving it on her bed. The girl rushed downstairs greeting her mom with a big smile. "You look beautiful." Mika grinned in joy to see her daughter.

"Kyotoku! Get down here!"mika yelled at her husband. "Just a sec!!!" He yelled back obviously struggling with something. "Imma go see what that's about you stay here." Kyokas mom smiled before making her way up the stairs.

Jiro looked over at the living room a wave of nostalgia hitting her. Her childhood came to mind same guitars being displayed on the wall, same pictures around the room, same burnt out lights that sat in the corner, same home, same her. But at the same time it felt different, she didn't feel the same but that was only natural she was a grown adult now and she was taller, wiser, and far more talented then she was before. She grew up as a gifted child, her family was supportive, she was happy, she had the opportunity to learn so many instruments, for what? Just so that a company can tell her what music genre she needs to sing? what to wear, what to do, what to think, how to act.

Perhaps this was one of the many factors she didn't take Kaminari's words into consideration when they were dating but that's not something she could fix now. No, no it's far too late for a sorry.

She's never really thought about it this way til now. She loves singing she loves music but somehow her work made her hate it. "Kyo? are you alright?" Her dad asked from behind her. Jiro looked back at him with watering eyes quickly pulling him into a hug. "I missed you, I missed you too mom." She muttered into her fathers chest as he hugged her back.

"We missed you too kyo." Kyo's mom smiled kindly. "I love you guys!" Jiro spoke as she hugged her mom next small tears falling from her eyes. "We love you too." Her father said softly. "Let's eat now before the food gets cold." Mika laughed.