тнιяту-ѕєνєη

Start from the beginning

And what Vienna said was clearly the wrong thing to say when she felt a harsh, but not as harsh as usual, hand on her neck. His grip forced her head toward him. His broad tall body stood over her looking down at her like the inconvenience she must be.

"Don't be ungrateful, child." he snarled at her. All Vienna could do was silently beg him to let go as her hands clasped around his wrist. She could still breathe but for how long she didn't know.

Lirian's eyes drifted, slowly, toward the man and woman who most likely were ignoring whatever they thought was happening in front of them. Vienna didn't expect them to help her. Never did.

He must have realised they had an audience when his hand loosened and his large palm went to her cheek, as he gripped the side of her face and with a terrifying amount of calm, he said, "I am doing this for you! For. . . Draco. I want to make a good impression. I want him to know he is welcome in my home anytime he likes. I want him to feel. . . at home here. And surely you wouldn't want him to see how bad of a state this home was before."

Draco had already seen her room. Saw the outside of this hell house. And Vienna knew the only thing that would be on his mind would be how delightful it'd be to kill Lirian.

Vienna noticed that the cobwebs had been cleared from every corner and photo frame. The dust had been cleared from every surface and everything had been cleaned. Vienna had realised, it smelt fresh, clean, and no longer smelt like decaying furniture. It smelt and looked how a house—no a home, Vienna realized, should smell. A home this house has never been, not even when Lilith was alive when Vienna had a mother. A home Lirian was trying to make it.

But even then, there was nothing but lies, secrets and fear beneath the walls. Lirian can try and clean them away, can disguise them with flowers and expensive table cloths but nothing will change the fact that this house is nothing but hell.

"I've done a good job, don't you think?" Lirain said noticing Vienna eyes looking around the room.

Vienna could do nothing but nod, yes.

Lirian's hand went to the strand of hair hanging loosely in her face and tucked it behind her ear.

"I have a little present for you," Lirian said and took Vienna's hand in his, "come with me."

Vienna was too afraid to do anything but follow him. Her father, a man who was supposed to protect and love her but did the opposite. The man who Vienna is terrified of and a man who has invited Draco to dinner. Something is going to go wrong and Vienna can feel it deep in her bones but she can do nothing but accept it. Like she walked herself into the trap and took a seat, waiting for whatever nightmare was about to occur.

Lirian had walked Vienna to his office and on his desk was a black box.

"Here," Lirian said as he let go of Vienna's hand and picked up the box and handed it to Vienna. Vienna took it with caution. A trap. That was her first thought. Her father had never gifted her anything.

"What is it?" Vienna asked as she looked up at her father with glazed eyes. He didn't know but her hands and whole body was shaking with fear.

"Well, open it and you will find out," Liriam said as he leaned against his desk.

Vienna gulped and sat down on an armchair that was in front of his desk. She held the box in her lap and with a deep breath, she finally opened it.