Chapter 19: The Ghostly Other World

"Woah, woah, woah, Wyetta, hold your this world's equivalency of horses!" William exclaimed, holding Wyetta back. "Calm down." 

"Don't you tell me to calm down! How can I? Today has been so confusing!" she screamed, lunging at a transparent creature. She went through, and stumbled. 

Twirling around, she stared at William. "Wait, why are you here?" 

Curiously, she circled William, eyes studying hi with intense concentration. William's eyes followed her movements. Uncomfortable, he stammered, "Uh, Wyatta? What are you..." 

Her fist connected to William's face, and he flew to the ground. "Oh, you are a tangible being," she commented. "I was hoping you were just a figment of my imagination, but no, it turns out that you're living, and I'm stuck here with this idiot, of all people. Why are you here?" 

"You could have at least sarcastically called me a 'genius'... After all the pain I went through," William grumbled, disgruntled as he felt his nose for damage, "Ow-ow-ow I think my nose broke. Is it suppose to be moving like this? I don't think it's suppose to move like this." 

"You didn't do anything to deserve a compliment yet," Wyetta replied snootily. "Anyways, don't act like such a baby. Get up, and come up with a plan. Figure something out to get us out of here." 

Getting up, William muttered, "Well, I guess we could just walk around and figure out where are we." 

"Good idea. I'll lead," Wyetta announced, moving towards the thickest section of the mob. 

As Wyetta approached, grinning, the transparent creatures parted ways, disappearing into the thick mist as though touching her would burn them. Scampering behind Wyetta, William looked curiously at the creatures as he absentmindedly wiggled his nose. 

"Interesting..." he whispered. 

"Hey, are you going to stare at the creepy floaties all day, or are you going to get things done the right way?" Wyetta demanded, screaming out the last bit. 

"Stop dilly-dallying! For money's sakes, you'll never earn a high income!" 

"Fine, fine, stop yelling at me. I'm here, I'm here." 

"Okay. Now, stay close, and don't scream like a big baby. I know this place may seem scary, but it isn't." 

A dark, crooked figure appeared out of the mist. Screaming, Wyetta blindly ran forward, and seconds later, a loud crack pierced through the air. Hesitantly opening her eyes, Wyetta saw a scrawny, black tree splintered on the ground in front of her. "See? Nothing to fear," Wyetta announced, chest heaving heavily. 

"Whatever you say," William replied dubiously. "Come on, let's stay on the path. I don't want you to hurt yourself." 

"W-what? You think I'm going to freak out and hurt myself? You obviously don't know who you're talking to," Wyetta stammered angrily, glaring at William. "We're going this way." 

Grabbing William's hand with a vise-like grip, Wyetta stopped through the crooked, bare trees with branches like long, bony fingers trying to grab them. 

Every so often, a ghost like creature would appear in the thick fog, but once it saw Wyetta and William, it would cry out, and float away. 

Crunch, cruch, cruch. 

Eyes staring ahead, and teeth clenched, Wyetta trudged through the dry grass. William stumbled behind her, glancing around with a terrified expression on his face. Everything was silent aside from the crunching of grass, and the occasional snapping of a branch.