Chapter 3: Grimaldo

"Got'cha, Nota!" 

Three water balloons were thrown directly into Grimaldo's face in quick succession, accompanied by the laughter of the one throwing the balloons as he was soaked with icy cold water. 

The laughter quickly died away, and a pout appeared on the small face of the chubby girl holding balloons. "Nota, can't you change your expression at all?" she whined, flicking Grimaldo's dripping black hair. 

Wordlessly, Grimaldo nodded stolidly, and abruptly, his expressionless expression changed to an expression of shock and surprise. Biting back laughter, the girl threw another balloon at the tall man's face and flapped her wings, lifting herself off the floor. "Not like that, you idiot," she snickered. 

Grimaldo returned is expression to his default facial expression of apathy and immediately got to the reason why he had even bothered appearing before her at the first place. "I heard you scream 'gotcha' and then the true name of an agent twenty three times today," Grimaldo informed her, "I would like to inform you that you're suppose to call people by their agent name, Dragonfly." 

"Fine, fine," Dragonfly grumbled. 

"It's written in The Agent's Handbook #3, Article 23, Rule #283." 

"I wasn't done talking. Don't interrupt me." 

"Sorry." 

"You interrupted me again!" Dragonfly whined. 

"No, I waited several milliseconds." 

Laughing, Dragonfly, grinned. "Anyways, as I was saying, I only said their real names because not everyone has an amazing agent name like yours, Nota Robot." 

"Page 256." 

"What?" 

"That's the page the rule is on. The seventh paragraph on that page. Overall, it's the..." 

Staring at Grimaldo is silence, Dragonfly decided to interrupt. "Not only do you have an awesome agent name, you have awesome other names too!" 

Shaking the apathetic man back and forth by his shoulder, she squealed, "I mean, like, you have so many titles! If I call you by all your titles and names, you'll be Mr. Super-Secret-Agent-Dragonfly's-BFFL-Number-One-Assassin-Candidate-and-Winner-for-Most-Unreactive-Agent-for-Every-Single-Year-Since-You've-Passed-Training-and-Joined-Which-makes-You-the-Undisputed-Champion-for-Ten-Whole-Years-Nota-Robot-Grimaldo-That-One-Creepy-Person-Who-Always... it'll probably take several days to call you by your entire name including titles! Also, it's the coolest name on our squad. I mean..." 

Leaning back, she began to count on her finger, rattling off the names of those on her squad. "Stocksmith is obviously named for his fatness and similarity to dwarfs, which is drawing on the stereotypes on dwarfs, which is totally wrong. Elder Arrow Grant's name is obviously drawn from the stereotypes of the Northern Highlanders elves, although Elder may sound respectful, he's still a pretty young whippersnapper, so that is sort of mean. But I love the word play on Arrow Gant. That sounds pretty cool. Minnie's name is definitely an insult to her size. Although I love puns, Minnie is just so...needs more effort before I will approve of it. Even though I'm always calling her Mini Minnie. I'm called Dragonfly, which is totally referencing wings, and therefore my status as half-fae, Nota Robot is an awesome name, but poking fun at your emotionless...ness...ness, our squad as a whole is named A Re: Tardis, in memory of the Tardis squad, which disappeared in some sort of time-space incident..I don't really know the details, but R.I.P. to them anyways, but you know how our squad name sounds like when spoken out loud." 

Grimaldo shook his head. 

"A Re...tard....is," Dragonfly slowly enunciated. "A Re...tar..." 

Seeing Grimaldo's unchanged facial expression, she snapped, "No, I'm not calling you a retard and attempting to hide it by adding an 'is' at the end, you retard! I'm saying out group name is A Re: Tardis!"