Chapter Twenty Four

"What Now?"

"Sir! The Officer is waiting for you." A stormtrooper says, standing outside of Ren's quarters.
The door to his quarters slides open & you walk out. "Thank you trooper, I'll handle this. Kylo will be out shortly." You say as you walk past the trooper & head towards the bridge.
"Officer, you wanted to see me?" You ask. "Yes, I was hoping for Kylo, but you too. I called you here on such short notice but I need to know if we have an attack plan laid out for our next attack on the Resistance." The Officer says. "We'll let's not get ahead of ourselves just yet, the area they are a is a highly populated city & their hiding spot is very small, it's best not to attack them when their on the planet, however, they won't be staying there long, when they're on the move or somewhere else less populated we will attack, now let me remind you... That were the only Order left, the Final Order is now gone & we have no help from anyone else, also, I don't like this whole idea that we have you, a commanding officer leading the entire First Order, leave it to me & Kylo, we out rank all of you by a long shot. Now, I must go take care of things, Kylo, take over." You say as you leave the bridge & Kylo enters.
"I'm sure she gave you the rundown you deserved & asked for?" Kylo asks. "Yes sir, so, your both taking over now?" The officer asks. "You don't get to have an opinion on this Officer, go back to your duties, I'll handle things my way, not your way." Kylo says as the Officer gulps & then walks off away from the bridge.

Batuu

"Hey, has anyone seen the Falcon? I haven't seen it since we got here." Finn asks. "No, nobody has seen it, & if you're gonna ask again for the fourth time, no, we also haven't seen Y/N or Ben. I'm sure Y/N is taking Ben on an adventure or the other way around." A female Resistance X-Wing pilot replies. "Anybody else other than you?" Finn asks as the whole area is quite not a sound or word to be heard.
Rey had also been gone for awhile from the base, but Rey always had things to do. That was mainly train for an attack against the First Order or getting into a fight with Kylo again if Ben had turned back towards the dark which she didn't know it, & neither did anyone else know that Ben & Y/N returned to the First Order & taking the lead again as you & Ben did before.

Rey was in the heart of the town looking at the relics of lightsabers they had on display & creatures that were up for sale. "Hey! Over here!" A woman calls, Rey follows the voice to find a short haired blonde woman in scavenger like clothes like her but modeled differently. "Excess me? We're you the woman that tried to call me over?" Rey asks. "Shh. The First Order is on high alert in this area if you didn't know. Come on, quickly, don't want them to see us." The woman brings Rey inside where Rey found old pieces of junk & even parts of lightsaber hilts. "Are you a scavenger?" Rey asks. "We are & I'm we're other things but mostly scavengers. We've been finding pieces of left over lightsaber hilts & have been trying to make lightsaber hilts for future Jedi." The woman explains. "Look, whoever you are, the Jedi are gone." Rey says. "Not all of them, there's some strangler's around here, they may not look like Jedi to you but they are. Hiding themselves away from everyone. You should do the same. You thought I didn't notice that lightsaber of your's. That used to be Anakin's lightsaber then Luke's & now..." She paused as Rey replied. "It's Rey, Rey Skywalker." "Rey Skywalker, continuing on the Skywalker family... I've heard stories about the Jedi, I didn't believe in it at first & then I saw them. I was around during the Empire days, before the First Order, we all even got a chance to see Master Luke Skywalker & hear from Master Yoda." The woman says. "Your force weilders too?!" Rey asks as the lady nods. "Yes, we are." "Ok, why do you keep saying we? Your not the only one is what your trying to tell me by saying we." Rey asks. "Yes, there are more of us, we're around, whether we're in here or out in the crowd, we do enjoy keeping ourselves hidden from everyone. It was nice meeting another Jedi like you Rey. Please, stop by whenever you need to, just don't bang on the door that hard." The woman says. "I won't even have to, I'll just use the force to get myself in. Nice seeing you." Rey says as she walks out with a confused look on her face.

Rey stayed in the town for awhile, stopped by the cantina on the way back to the base & let's just say that she got a bit drowsy & tired herself out too much while she was their.
"Jesus, Rey, where'd you go?" A Resistance fighter asks. "Guy's, leave her be, I think she stopped by the cantina on her way back here." Finn says. "Clearly, she out of it." A fighter replies.
Everything was back to calm & quiet until something caught the attention of all of the troops. "Finn! Rey! It's Leia!" A female nurse surprisely calls from the medical bay of all places. "What's wrong with her?" Finn asks. "She's dying Finn." The nurse tells him & Rey & everyone else who peeked their heads in. "Rey? I don't have a lot of strength left but you need to know this. Kylo is back, & so is his Empress, I felt Ben's struggle with the dark, I also felt Y/N too... I need you to reach out to him, tell him to come back, or go after him like Y/N. Just... Promise me you'll save him..." Leia says. "I will..." Rey replies. "Finn, your now active general, I wanted Poe to be the first but sadly... He's gone... & So... My journey... Is finally... At. An end." Leia finishes as she breathed one last time & then the force took her home where she reunited with Luke & meet her true father, Anakin.
"She's gone..." The nurse says as the troops leave, devasted by what they witnessed while Rey & Finn stayed in the medical bay. "So what now? Leia made you active General." Rey asks. "We find a new base, look, this place is too populated & the First Order has a pretty big presence here, tell everyone to get to their ships & load up the shuttles, we can head to Yavin 4, it's mostly open land their & some tree coverage, it'll at least be better for us their than here." Finn says as Rey nods & informs the sad crew of troops & then everyone walks back into the forest loading everyone either into the Tantive 4 or the transports that they had brought with them from Ajan Kloss.

Resurgent Class Star Destroyer

Meanwhile on the Destroyer Kylo keeps an eye out on the bridge while you stayed in Kylo's quarters with your baby who was having a hard time with her food she was receiving from your own body.
"Sir! We have undefined transports showing up on radar on the planet of Batuu that is currently below us." A Officer informs Kylo. "Until they are in our view we will not be sending out our Tie Fighters, watch closely Officer." Kylo says as he watches from below as well.

When Kylo saw a glimpse of the Resistance transports & the Tantive 4 the Officer informed him they were on the move & send the largest fleet of Tie Fighters against them, the battle lasted longer than expected, it felt like the First Order was finally going to destroy their shielding on the ships but before they could fire a single shot with the shields off all of the ships surprisely made it into hyperspace safely. "Sir, the Resistance has escaped our grasp, do we follow after them?" The Officer asks. "No, they'll make it through hyperspace safely. Take over the bridge for now, I need to go take care of myself mentally." Kylo says as the Officer wanted to question what he was doing but shrugged it off & watched the bridge for the time Kylo was gone or at least until you showed up.
"Hey, saw the battle raging on out the window, you still in a fight with them?" You ask as you pull your shirt down & set the baby down next to you on the bed. "No, we're not. They jumped to hyperspace before we could get a shot on them with their ray shields down. I'm just here to calm myself down." Kylo says. "Well let me help with that." You say as you get onto his back & hug him, your hands interlocking with each other right on his stomach where his belt & his lightsaber were. "Y/N, no. I can't & we shouldn't, you don't & I definitely don't need or want another child." Kylo says as he pushes you off of him & sits you down in a chair beside the bed & you stay there, really quiet until Kylo left & you went back to taking care of your baby who was playing with toys that Kylo had found & received from friendly stormtroopers & even officers.
"I know darling, I guess this is it, this is me & your dad's time to say goodbye to the past & go into the future with you being a part of it. I don't know what to do or what we'll do from here, all I do know is that we will do everything in our power to keep you safe & raise you how we think you wanna be raised as a child. So, what do we do now you may ask? Well we keep moving forward, no matter what the galaxy throws our way. Come on now, let's go catch up with your father & my husband." You finish.