Without a choice, I just put the thing on. As soon as I did, the gun retracted and I felt the wristband clamp around my wrist, securing itself. Once it did, that's when it finally came to life.

"Now you decide to work..." I rolled my eyes.

I turned my wrist so I could read the rule specifically for me.

"Writing or noting anything on paper is strictly forbidden."

Those were the words that scrolled past the screen built into the wristband.

"Seriously?!?" I groaned again.

Writing and noting things down is basically most of my talent! If I can't even do that, then what's the point of my notebook and the damn pencil I keep behind my ear?

"Chiyo? You've been in there a really long time. I'm starting to get worried..." I heard Hidemi say.

"I'm almost done!" I yelled.

It's too late now. I'm stuck with this stupid rule and I can't even take the band off. This just keeps getting worse and worse.

With nothing else left to do, I pulled my sleeve down to hide the wristband and left my dorm to meet Hidemi outside.

I didn't want anyone to look at my wrist or even know I had one of those things. Who knows what they could do with it...

"Ah! You're finally out." Hidemi smiled once she caught sight of me. "I didn't know it took you so long to get ready."

"Oh, right." I nodded along, acting like I was doing exactly what she'd guessed.

"Well, you look nice today." She complimented me.

I paused, being caught off guard for a second, before regaining my composure. "T-Thanks. Why'd you even come to knock on my door anyway?"

"I came to pick you up for the breakfast meeting. Almost everyone else is already there."

"I didn't know I was that late..."

"It's fine! Akemi offered to pick you up, but I decided it would be better if I would. I hope you don't mind."

"Thank god. I'd have you over him any day." I said as we started to make our way to the dining area.

"O-Oh! I'm...glad to hear that."

Looks like she gets as flustered as I do...

A few minutes later, we arrived at the dining hall. Hidemi opened the door for me to reveal that mostly everyone was already inside talking and eating some food taken from a small pile at the back.

"Oh damn." That was all I said.

Around the room, I saw everyone sitting together at different tables, talking, eating, and getting along.

Well, everyone except Satoshi. No surprises there.

"Satoshi didn't show up, huh?" I turned to Hidemi.

Her face went pale for a second at the mention of his name, but she quickly calmed down. "Yeah...that does seem to be the case."

"I guess he hates us." I shrugged. "And where did all this food come from?" I wondered.

"Monokuma prepared it all himself apparently. He told me when I first arrived this morning for our meeting."

"Right..."

I went and took some food. It was just a bunch of plain toast and butter with some drinks; nothing like the food we got last night.

"If only one of us could cook and offer to do so. Then we'd have good meals prepared every day." Hidemi added as she took some food by my side.

Danganronpa Midnight: Lantern Lament (Fanganronpa)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें