Chapter 49

Next day Joe let me finish the project with Devin at his house. Joe noticed the progress we made and decided to trust me more. So I left with Devin but as I walked out James gave me a look. I wasn't sure what kind of look but all I know it wasn't good.

Devin and I both stopped by Beverlys magnolia bakery. The pudding was one of my favorites in which I bought two large cups for myself and one for Joe, in case he didn't like it. After we purchased we went to the park since the bakery was filled with customers.

We went to the park a block away from the Williams house. It was big with a beautiful scenery. A bridge above a lake. It was pretty high up and flowers everywhere. We sat on a bench underneath a big tree.

Currently Devin and I were arguing at the fact that I don't have any social media.

"Anna what century are you living in?!" He said in shock.

"You see Devin this is why when you ask something I won't answer because you always find a way to say something snarcky" i rolled my eyes.

"Come on you cant blame me for being surprised, your eighteen and don't have any social media" he laughed. I turned to face him annoyed.

" well im an unusual kid with a unusual life" I told him. He chuckled and looked to his side. When he smiled I noticed he had a right small dimple.

"We all have unusual lives don't we...?" He said sarcastically.

A few seconds of silence passed by and neither of us said a word. It was peaceful. People passed by walking their dogs, taking a jog or couples having a picnics. I smiled at it all.  If I were home Eveyone would stop and greet me and wait till I'm out of there sight.

"What are you smiling about?" I heard Devin asked me. I didn't turn to looked at him but instead. Continued to look around.

"It's peaceful" I whispered. I suddenly felt emotional. Before I broke character I spoke.

"Shouldn't we go?" I asked Devin. He nodded and we made our way to his car. As we walked I suddenly had a question.

"Will there be stars for crops?" I asked him. He opens the passenger seat and waited for me to get inside.

"I don't think so, do you want to do some?" He asked before closing the door shut. When he got in I shook my head.

"A moon is fine" I said buckling myself.

Half way through the car drive I wanted to break the silence.

"Have you ever seen the stars?" I asked Devin who was concentrated on the road.

"Yeah who hasn't been to the Alburium" he said as it was a natural thing.

"I haven't" I spoke. he quickly glance at me then back to the road.

"Your serious?!" He said shocked. I sighed knowing what he was going to say since he started laughing.

"First no social media now you've never been to the Alburium?!" He said with wide eyes. I groaned and leaned against the window.

"Well if your dad doesn't mind I'll take you right now" he insisted. I thought about it and agreed. I texted Joe that I will be a little late and where I'll be.