Chapter 23

Looking in between Devin and the group of skaters I made up my mind. I looked at how many boys were in the group, I started walking to them.

"Anna... Anna where are you going?" I heard from behind me. I continued to walk to the group of skaters who were cute but I don't see anything going further than just friends.

"Hi" i waved at the guy who came up to me earlier . He looked surprised and awkward greeting me.

"I know we spoke earlier but we never got to introduce ourselves" I told him pulling out my hand for him to shake. He smiled and took a glance at his friends.

"Brian" he shook my hand.

"Hi Brian I'm Anna" I told him with a smile. His friends started laughed quietly but it seemed like they were acting as the girls who were giggling at Devin earlier.

"What happened to your boyfriend?" He asked me.

"Well I don't have a boyfriend" I told him. His friends all looked at each other in wide eyes.

"Ohhh wow... Then who was the guy earlier?" He looked behind me. I turned around and saw Devin leaving against the pole. The two girls tried talking to him but he didn't pay attention. Instead he looked deeply into my eyes. Devin shook his head.

"Well he's just a friend but we don't have any romantic feelings happening together he just protective because there are a lot of guys who treat girls bad and he doesn't want me going there you know " I told Brian. He nodded understanding.

"It's okay that's pretty cool from your friend, but I just thought you were really pretty and it wouldn't hurt to ask if you had a boyfriend" Brian said, I nodded. I took a glance back at Devin who was at turn to play at the booth we stood in like for. He walked over play the game but kept his eyes on me and smiled and shook his head. Devin then looked away and played the game.

"Hey you guys seem pretty cool can I join? I asked

"Are you sure your friend won't mind?" One of Brian's friend asked.

"He is to busy with the two girl with him" i pointed.

"Sure Anna, you can join us!" Brian said.

"Ohhhh briannnnn" the boys jokingly said. So I began to walk with them. The boys began to start joking around.
———————————————————————————
After I left Devin with his two new friends I left with a few of new friends of my own. We had a few laughs and I crossed paths with Devin and his friend's of girls a few time. He would just blankly stare at me but I was look somewhere else.

What's wrong with me I shouldn't bother me!

After I had left with the boys we just went to the booths I haven't been to and now we are eating food. Brian had paid for me which was sweet. They were talking about skating tricks they tried doing or the epic failed that had happened while doing them. Sometimes they would show me a video of the epic fail as well. I laughed a little because how could I not. Since the last time I went with Lucas to a Mc Donald I decided to try another ham burger. The hamburger at McDonald's and the fair looked very similar but....let me tell you they did not taste any similar.

"So Anna where do you go to school?" Brian asked me. We were sitting next to each other in the big round table amongst his other friends who were having their own conversation.

"Not around here, I go to school in Beverly" I told him kinda shouting at some parts. His friends were loud and only seemed to only get louder.

"Beverly!!! Whattt, please don't tell me your one of those Rich snobby kids please?!" Brian asked. I smiled. That got me thinking what am I. I'm grateful for what I have because many kids don't have anything I do but I feel as sometimes I forget that.