Chapter 16

"DEVINNNN HI HONEYYYYY...COME HERE"  devins grandma came out her big front door and ran down the stair cases. We were still inside the car. I heard Devin sigh.

"Oh man here she goes" he got out the car. It seemed Devin was on his way to open my door but before he can go to my side of the car his grandma beat him. I watched as she caught him by surprise and kiss his cheeks and saying how much she missed him. I smiled at the situation.

"Grams stoppp" he let out. I chuckled.

"Mary stop torturing the poor boy" I heard. I looked through the back window and saw a old man walking toward them. I could tell it was obviously Devins grandfather.

"Aww Jorge I miss our grandson, he's gotten so big, and handsome how are they treating you back in LA?" His grandmother asked. I watch all this happen while sitting in the back seat.

"You can answer her later son and give me a hug" devins grandfather said reaching in for a hug. Devin laughed. He genuinely seemed Happy. "Hi gramps"

The driver approached my door to be a gentleman before going to the trunk to grab our packed bags down. "And everything is good in LA grandma-" I heard before approached the three of them.

"Um hi" I interrupted. I looked at them and noticed their expressions were blank.

"Oh...my...gosh... that's herrrr!" His grandma screeched and fast walked to my side of the car. She had her arms open signaling she was going for a hug. I awkwardly returned it.

"Hi sweetheart I'm Mary, I'm devins grandmother" she parted from me and I could tell she was examining me closely." Hi I'm Anna nice to meet you"

"Devin where did you meet her she's... so...beautiful" grandmother said. I turned to Devin and he just nodded awkwardly.

"Well the way we met was complicated grandmother" he grinned. Soon His grandfather came to my side.

"Hi I'm Jorge, devins grandfather it's a pleasure to finally meet you, I've been waiting for him to bring his girlfriend" he lended out his hand and I chuckled.

I tried my best not to curtsy as We shook hands. It was an instinct to me to curtsy, His grandfather looked like a copy and paste of devin just an older version. I took my eyes off his grandfather and noticed devins grandmother signaling Devin from across.

"She's sooo gorgeous" she mouthed to Devin. I looked at him. He just nodded.

"I'm Anna" I said to hi grandfather.

"Well since we're all United and introduced we should all go inside" his grandfather said. I nodded.

"Don't worry sweetheart let Devin get your bags" his grandpa said. I nodded with a smirk. I wasn't planning on getting my bags either way.

"Ohhhh...okay..yeah thank you Devin" I smirked watching as he threw his hands up in the air. I find it funny how Devin didn't even notice the driver already took care of it.

"Grandma then what's the point of you having people for this then?!" I heard him.

She ignored him and she told me to go inside with her.

________________________________

Mary sat me in her living room to just chat. "So Anna do you have a dress for tonight?" Devins grandmother asked me.

"For tonight?" I was confused on what she meant.

"Yes didn't Devin tell you, it's my birthday" My eyes widen.

"Oh I'm sorry he didn't tell me" I grew embarrassed

"happy birthday I'm sorry I didn't know-"

"I wasn't really planning on going grandmother." Devin replies coming inside the room.