Chapter 64 - Bitter

"Who are you", he asked in disbelief.

"Even i myself don't know who am i, aap bataiye mein kon hoon", she retorted bitterly.

Her hand moved down to her stomach inside the blanket to feel that little life growing inside her. The moment he has told her about a life growing inside them, she felt like  happiness washing over her but the very next moment the scene of her husband murdering a man mercilessly flashed in front of her eyes and the happiness was blown away as soon as it came.

"Someone jise mein nahi janta", came his low voice

"Mein bhi nahi jaan paa rahi hoon khud ko aisa kyu ho raha hein why is this happening why do you hide-", she blurted out but then stopped herself closing her eyes and biting onto her lip.

"Kya pata laga tumhe", he was quick to pick up on her incomplete words.

"Kyu kuch chupaya tha kya", she smirked and his face turned pale making the smirk wipe off from her face.

She sighed and leaned against the headboard of her bed. She's been trying to convince herself from the past one month that maybe, maybe all that she has seen might be wrong maybe her husband won't have done such a thing. Maybe it was some scene of a picture and the guy has morphed it with their figures, sounds absurd but she has tried to provide herself with every possible excuse which might have the tendency to prove him innocent.

"Why do you want to abort, tumne mera pyaar qabool kiya na Infact you loved me back toh aaj hamare pyaar ki nishani ko khatam karne ki baat kyu, khayal bhi kaise aaya", he asked choking at the end, he don't want to break down in front of her not in front of this version of hers.

"Kya karu iss bache ko janam deke, ek aur rakshas paida kar doon joh logo ki sare aam berehmi se jaan leh le", she spat furiously.

"I fucking knew it", he muttered under his breath.

"He told you didn't he", Sidharth asked.

"Yeah! He did at least someone did varna aap log ke hisab se toh mein puri zindagi bhalekhe mein hi nikal deti ki mera pati toh bada sant admi hein", she said.

"Kya btaya usne", Sidharth asked ignoring her previous comment.

"He s.. Showed me the video where you and family ki.. Killed his family", she managed to say while gazing at him intently with a desperate hope and silent pray to almighty that he might just say that it's false.

"Tumne aakar confront karna bhi zaruri nahi samjha naa", he accused.

"Kyu jhooth tha kya", she asked looking at him desperately waiting to hear it from his mouth that he didn't do anything wrong.

"Vajah voh nahi thi joh am sure usne tumhe batayi hogi", he said wanting to convince her somehow.

"Matlab baat sach thi", she muttered in disbelief.

She chewed onto her lip wanting to control herself as she really don't want to break down at the moment but his acceptance towards that horrific incident has shaken her and shattered all her hopes of that particular thing being proven as wrong which she was holding within herself from the past one month. That man was actually right it's her husband and her family who were making a fool out of her, he wasn't, he was actually speaking the truth the look on Sidharth's face was quite enough to say the rest. She knew the panic filling in his voice was an sign of it, him being there at the wrong end. Her conscience actually laughed at herself inwardly for being this stupid to think about all that being false even after seeing it with her own eyes because somewhere she was trying to convince herself that it's not important that everything we see must come true,it could be false as well but in this case it wasn't.