Chapter 13 - Headline

He kept caressing her hairs while looking at her sleeping face wanting to capture every feature of her in his memory. That's when something clicked him.

"She won't have liked it if i would have been sleeping here without a pillow wall between us", he thought to himself.

Moreover she was sleeping diagonally at the bed so it was not possible for him to fit there for a sleep. So, he stood up from there and walked towards the couch. He remembered her taunt about him sleeping at this couch and his lips twitched into an unknown slight smile. He layed down at the couch uncomfortably and keep looking at her sleeping self sideways until sleep consumed him.

___________________

Next Morning, sun rays peeping through the glass windows disturbed Sana's sleep. She groaned and opened her eyes groogily but then get up nonetheless. She rubbed her eyes and looked down at her hands to found her eyeshadow at her hands.

"God! Why do I have to sleep with my makeup on", she cursed getting up.

As she stood up, she noticed Sidharth sleeping at the couch with his legs in air face shoved into a pillow. She looked at him for a few seconds and then looked away as the memories of last night came crushing to her sight. She walked towards the washroom and come back after freshening up, getting rid of all the makeup, saree dressed into a beautiful patel pink color waist slit kurti paired with plazoo.

She walked towards the kitchen to prepare breakfast to meet a team of three people there which was actually the cooking team of mension

"Mam aap kitchen mein", one of those named as Jia asked, as per the batch attached at the left side of her shirt.

"Breakfast banane nahi aa sakti kya", Sana asked while washing her hands.

"No mam voh actually i mean Ladies cook at special occasions only that's why", Jia said.

"Oh! Okhay mujhe nahi pata tha but i don't think anyone will mind agar mein khana bnaungi toh would you", she asked.

"Afcourse no mam apka hi hai sab why would we mind", Jia said a bit scared.

"Bas phir chaliye batayiye yaha ke routine ke hisab se kya banana hai", she asked.

"Mam are you sure I mean", Jia fumbled.

"Aap relax kijiye aur phle toh Yeh madam kehna band kijiye apki beti ki umar ki hoon beti keh kar bulayenge toh jyada acha lagega", Sana said with a warm smile making those maid's eyes almost tear up.

"J.. Ji", Jia nodded happily.

She prepared the breakfast with the help of her kitchen team and needless to say she turned out to be every worker's favourite malkin as the way she treated everyone was something they would have never expected to be happening in the house. Her kitchen team included three people in total which were Jia, John and Marie. Jia was a women in her late forties whereas, John was her husband in his early fifties whereas Marie was their daughter in her mid twenties. Sana couldn't help but wonder how happy of a family those three were. They might not be wealthy but she can see through it how happy and contented they were with. Here, she has everything but she is empty handed in terms of these small little happy things, the thought made her eyes tear up.

"Mam kya hua aap thik toh hai naah", Jia asked as she noticed tears in her eyes.

The question made her eyes spill a few more tears. No body either her husband or her family which she has left a day before cared enough to ask this but here, these people whom she have met a hour before are asking this. She so wished for a moment to be living the life of a maid like this happily instead of whom she is being.

"H.. Hanji mein thik hoon", she said wiping her eyes and putting up a smile but failing miserably.

She hugged Jia tightly and sighed to let the tears flow downs her face. After years, it's been happening that she is crying while holding someone this close to her as her usual tear partner is her pillow.

"Mam aap thik toh hai na mein sir ko bulau", Jia asked while stroking her back.

"Nahi voh just abhi nayi shadi hui na toh ghar ki yaad ajati hai", Sana said covering up.

"Koi baat ni mam Yeh bhi toh apka hi ghar hai na", Jia said softly while handing her a glass of water.

"Aur aap log bhi", Sana added and three of them smiled.

What an irony it is, she has never felt this connected with the people whom she knew from so long time, her parents whom she knew from birth wasn't this warm but these people gave her the warmth that she let her tears roll down in front of them. But she was glad that atleast someone was there, she has found this warmth yesterday in her mother - in law & father - in law and now today these people. Maybe this mention might bring her back to life, she thought.

_______________

It was an hour later when everyone settled themselves onto the dining table for breakfast including Sidharth, Mr & Mrs. Shukla, Mrs. Sharma.

"Where is today's newspaper John", father - son duo yelled together.

"H.. Here", John stuttered handing the paper.

Sidharth let his father take the paper from John's hand only to let Mr. Shukla drop the paper at the floor which Sidharth picked up.

"Business Tycoon Sidharth Ashok Shukla's wife with her husband's business partner Tony Gill's arms dancing at her own reception ironically Sidharth Shukla himself standing far away not even bothering to look at his wife's way, is there something we are missing"

The headline of front page read with a ever so intimate picture of Shehnaaz Gill leaning onto Tony Gill.

Sidharth looked at the picture with his jaw clenched, palms fisted tightly, veins poping out, eyes blood shoot red. He seems to be a predator at his prey.

"Shehnaazzzzzzz", he yelled furiously.

On the other hand, Shehnaaz who was inside the kitchen checking things for serving hissed at the loud voice but thought to ignore as she was not at all in a mood to bear her husband's pretty mouth. She was in a good mood and she wants to be that way.

"Where the heck is she", Sidharth asked from John.

"S.. Sir m.. Mam kitchen mein hai", he stuttered.

"Sidharth calm down", Mrs. Shukla spoke whereas Mr. Shukla was left speechless not knowing what to say.

"Mom you have seen the headline right and still you are asking me to calm down", he asked to which Mrs. Shukla feel silent too.

"Why the hell is she not listening to me", he yelled.

He huffed with annoyance and darted towards kitchen. He looked around the kitchen to find her engrossed in arranging the things nonchalantly not giving a damn about his presence or the way he has called her before as it she was a deaf head.

"Shehnaazzzz", he yelled before holding her wrist tightly.

"What the heck is this", he said throwing the newspaper at her face.

"Watch your tone Mr. Shukla", she spitted catching the newspaper before it would have smacked her face.

"You watch your actions Mrs. Shukla", he said pointing towards the newspaper.

She looked down at the paper in her hand and the image was enough for her to get the point. But she was hurt, do he not trust her this much. Maybe, he was just asking, before she could have relied over this thought he screamed again.

"Mera hi dost mila tha Yeh sab karne ke liye", he spitted venomously and what she felt for him was just anger.

Thanks for reading. Do votes & comments to let me know if you are liking the plot or not.

With Love
Pre✨✨✨