Part 5 (Brushy Mountain State Penitentiary)

Madison's POV

We were all sitting around the rv and trying to get Dakota to tell us where we are going. He wouldn't tell us but he decided to give us a hint. "I'll give you a hint, 10,000 people have died at this location." We all looked at him like he ways crazy. "Turn this thing around!" Chelsea exclaimed rather dramatically. "No way." Dakota said right back before looking at me. I was still sitting there trying to process what he had said. I finally shook my head and looked back at him. "Really Kota? 10,000 people? Damn." I said which caused Alex to chuckle from behind the camera he was filming us with.

After another couple of hours, we pulled over to read the packet. We all sat at the table with Chelsea and Tanner sitting on one side, Dakota and I on the other side, while Alex was sitting on the couch across from us, filming. "Location number 1: Brushy Mountain State Penitentiary." Chelsea read as she opened the packet. Brushy Mountain was known as the Alcatraz of the south and was in operation for 113 years and housed people wanted all the from murder to those who committed the most violent and horrific crimes. They compared this jail to the Siberian prison camps. It was surrounded by mountains and was the only prison in the U.S. that had only 3 walls, the 4th being a huge mountain. There is only one road in and out. "The grounds were a death trap and some say hiss who dies here, never left." Chelsea read, then handed the packet off to Tanner to read the rest. There was a creature known as 'the creeper' in the auditorium. They say you can make out a head and shoulders and it's almost like it slithers along the ground. People have been touched and even made physically ill for the entities on the grounds. James Earl Ray who is Martin Luther King Jr.'s assassinator is even said to be one of the spirits still haunting the grounds. "Guys this is going to be insane." Tanner said as he put down the packet. "Hell no." Was all Chelsea said. "Hell yes." Dakota said back. Then they all looked at me because I haven't said anything yet.

I was sitting there with a smile on my face as they looked at me like I was crazy. "This is going to be awesome!" I exclaimed. "Your sister scares me Dakota." Tanner said as we all laughed. "Me too Tanner, me too." Dakota said which earned him a slap to the arm from me.

The next day, we stopped at a gas station because we were all hungry. We all had our cameras out and brought them in with us because we needed some footage for the show. We told one of the waitresses where we were going and she told us something really creepy about the place. After we sat down, we talked to this old guy who was sitting at he table beside us. He told us all about what the prison was like when it was in operation because he used to be a guard in the penitentiary.

A couple hours later, we pulled up in front of the penitentiary. "Holy shit it's so big!" I said in disbelief as the others muttered in agreement. After we got our stuff and exited the rv, we opened the big iron gates to get in to the prison. "Anyone else have a bad feeling already?" Dakota asked as we walked in. "Yeah." Chelsea said as we all chuckled at her nervousness. We got all our equipment out and ready, then we decided to explore the prison a little bit. We walked about 20 feet before we heard a noise and a bird came flying down at our heads. Chelsea and I immediately dropped down towards the ground and the boys just said 'woah!' And ducked down a little bit. After that we stood up and walked over to look at the bird. "We made it literally 20 feet in to the prison and Madison and I have already hit the ground. 20 feet." Chelsea said. The guys just laughed at us, while I punched Tanner in the arm lightly for laughing as he was the closest to me.

After our little bird scare, we decided to start moving again. We went up some stairs and went to the third floor, and we finally found the auditorium. "We have to get in there." Dakota and I said at the same time. We just looked at each other as the others lightly laughed. Tanner tried to open the door with all his strength, but it was locked. "There has to be another way in." Tanner said. As we walked away to try and find another way in, there was a really loud bang on the door to the auditorium. We all screamed, "What the fuck was that?" Chelsea screamed. "That was the door. That was inside the auditorium!" Dakota said looking into my camera with a shocked face. "We tried to get in there but it was locked, so we went to find another way in and as we walk away all we hear is BOOM!" Tanner explained looking into Alex's production camera. We started talking again and there was another boom. We all screamed once again as we weren't expecting it to happen again. After we calmed down a bit Dakota said, "Remember they like fear." We all nodded in response and tried to steel ourselves as best as possible.