The Farce of Everything (pt 3)

"Wolfram, lead your team to the Green Witch. I will lead mine to the others. Move out!" Grethe ordered. The comrades split ways, leading their own teams with around nine canines. Wolfram held out a piece of lady Sullivan's garment to the dog. It immediately ran down the trail in front of them.

"Let's go!"

Up ahead, Bard and Snake were running in sync. Snake hitched the small female in his arms before reporting, "I can feel steps! They're coming. Says Oscar."

"Your hearing's amazing!" Bard exclaimed. "It's not hearing. We feel vibrations with our skin. Says Wordsworth." In the middle of this conversation Wolf had caught up to their trail. On sight, he spotted the female in the man's arms. "Lady!"

Bard hitched his thumb behind him, "Let 'em dance, Snake!" In compliance, the reptilelike man tapped his foot on the forested floor, causing a canopy of snakes to drop down on their oppressors. The snakes coiled around the army men's necks, as well as the canines, constricting them to death. Wolf barely escpaed the peril. "Stop!"

Bard rolled a can of marmalade explosives into the crowd, warning Snake to go with the Lady to safety. Once the reptilian servant ran off the can exploded, rendering soldiers to scream their last before being blown into pieces.

Bard smirked at his victory but it didn't last long before Wolf jumped from behind the tree and fired a range of bullets.

Bard, quick on instincts, copied him and jumped away with a graze at the forearm. The butler, Wolf, was fast. Perplexing Bard with his agility another group of soldier came around and started firing. The cook was outnumbered when Wolf left to retrieve the Lady.

Leaving Bard behind, fending for himself, Wolf advanced on the couple, taking out a dagger and quickly swiped Snake's chest. He collapsed, dropping the Lady. At his chance Wolf ran to her.

"Lady!"

He held her and saw no sign of blood on his face. That is until she looked up. In place of Lady Sullivan was Ciel Phantomhive, smirk and all, who now had the stunned butler staring down the barrel of a gun. "Thanks for coming."

Very well aware that the distraction would work Ciel placed the Lady in care of Finnian. The gardener had already zoomed to the other end of the woods by the time a fleet of soldiers were on his trail. "He's getting faster by the second!"

"Quickly aim!"

By the second Finnian raced to the edge of the forest, all the soldiers' bullets missing.

"Lady Sullivan, it'll get a bit rough. Close your mouth so you won't bite your tongue." He warned before he raced off the cliff and down a twenty yard drop in the shallow river.

He resurfaced, the Lady safely in his arms.

The soldiers looked on above and position themselves on their bellies for the target. "He's stopped, aim and fire!"

Suddenly, a straight bullet zoomed in a soldier's head and right out. It was of fast accuracy and distance. It was Mey-Rin, sniping from a faraway tree. She continued to rain down bullets on the army until they retreated.

In apparent view something equally as fast as the bullets moved along the trees. It was an armed Gerthe Hilbert, stunning the Phantomhive sniper and gardener, pointing a revolver at Finnian.

"Finny!" Mey-Rin screamed. As she fired Tanaka advanced between them and sliced the bullet with his katana.

Admist Hilbert's shock Tanaka sheathed his sword, "Finny, go ahead. Let this old man take care of her. We will carry out any order our master gives us."

With his stance ready and katana ready to be sheathed he turned to the woman, a steely look of fight on his face. "That is the policy of the Phantomhive servants!"

Meanwhile, Ciel and Wolf were still in the situation as we left them. Wolf, straddling Ciel and landing punch after punch on his face. Ciel shot his gun and only missed. Even at such close a range Wolf dodged it and continued to land punches, fueled by anger Wolf pulled his own revolver.

"If only...if only you didn't come..." He was ready to fire, to pull the trigger. "The Lady would..."

Snake and Bard, pushed away earlier by previous circumstances looked in worry. It seemed to be too late to do anything.

"Smile!"

As Wolf laid his finger on the trigger a knife came forward and pushed the barrel out of Ciel's face, causing the gun to fire into the sky.

"Y...you!" Ciel stared up in shock and recognition at the familiar face. A pudgy face with a black moustache and black beady eyes, full of fight and strict ways.

"I'd never imagined I'd still be cleaning up after his mistakes at this age..." The man complained, "I thought I was finally free!"

The boy chuckled dryly, "You haven't changed at all Diederich. Um...though your looks have changed white a lot..." He remarked, comparing his face to the lean fellow with a narrow nose.

He scoffed, "Don't call new by my first name!" He drew his pistol and shot Wolf in his wrist. He jumped back.

"Thanks Diederich, but why are you here?;

"You ask that too? You laid your hands on something terrible..."

"You mean the poisonous gas...?"

"No, something far worse. In this forrest, the army is.. " before Diederich could finish a major rumble travelled through the forest floor, and a blast shot toward the two, ripping through a tree. "Get down!"

The rumble got closer and bigger, sending everyone to the ground. Something huge was coming, crushing trees in its way.

"What is that?" Ciel asked when it came into view. It was a huge tank, it's cannon aiming at them.

"A moving cannon! Don't be dumbfounded, run!"

And so they ran. "On the eastern side of the shore there's a railroad there to transport weapons. If the train is still going we can escape on that." Diederich explained. Ciel nodded and suddenly fell. His dress was caught and the cannon was not far from firing. "Young master!"

Sebastian arrived and scooped Ciel up, evading the blast. "You went as far as to dress up and this is the result..." Sebastian remarked exasperatedly.

"Shut up, you should've come earlier..." Ciel grumbled.

Sebastian leaped behind a tree, joining the others.

"Bard, Snake, there's an old railway up ahead, go there with Diederich! And Diederich, I trust you with this." Ciel threw the Sulin samples Sebastian brought to Diederich.

"Thank you for retrieving Diederich for me." He murmured. His butler smirked, "But I didn't, Angela did." Ciel frowned. "Then you went back on an order."

"She insisted." He replied, no apology in his tone. His master sighed as they faced the Panzer roaming in front of them. "Well Sebastian, you know what to do."

"I do, my lord."

Okay everyone, this is the last part of this arc, I hope that I can work some magic and get some ideas in this story now.