1

Wormtail stood by the door of his Master's bedroom, awaiting his Lord's orders for today. Even though Wormtail didn't enjoy working for the Dark Lord, it sure beat being dead. He knew he was a coward and a traitor, but it was better to be a coward and a traitor than be a dead man. At least, that was how he felt about it. He stood there like some fool but he didn't want to upset his Lord by leaving his place if Voldemort decided to call for him and he was too far off to hear him. So, he stayed put and endure some of the Death Eaters, who would walk by him and start mumbling things about him even if it was in a few feet of distance. 

 It was quite strange; however, because it was nearing the afternoon and his Lord should already be heading to the parlor thinking of new horrible ways of getting the Golden Trio in his grasp and to kill Harry Potter. But he was still in his room. Wormtail wondered if it had something to do with the mysterious letter he had received from that odd owl in the middle of the night. When the owl had arrived at dinnertime, Wormtail had only gotten a glimpse of the letter. Though he couldn't remember the name exact, he did know it was a woman that had wrote it. Of course, Bellatrix got jealous when she learned her precious Lord had another woman writing to him. 

The letter must have been something of the upmost importance because when the Dark Lord had grabbed the letter from Wormtail's hand and gaze down to see who the brave soul was, who dared to write to the Dark Lord, he suddenly became... stunned... and almost... a bit... happy. He had jolted out of his seat so fast, the chair knocked out from behind him. Then without even gazing from the letter or saying another word, he made his departure from the table. It stunned the entire Malfoy family and himself since this wasn't like the usual behavior the Dark Lord had shown to them at all. They did wanted to go after him and ask what the whole was about, but no one dared to go after him and ask. 

 Wormtail was just about to knock, tired of waiting, when suddenly he heard loud banging sounds coming from inside the room. He stepped a few feet away as he listened to even more stuff being thrown part, things being shattered and broken. He was so frightful, wondering what had been so bad that it caused the Dark Lord to become so violent all of a sudden. The sounds became silent all of a sudden until...

"WORMTAIL!" The Dark Lord screamed at the top of his lungs. He didn't even blink as he rushed inside of the room. Wormtail paused upon entering. His eyes wandered over the mess that the Dark Lord had created. Even the walls had been beaten up from his rage. He gulped before speaking. 

"Yes, My Lord?" he asked. The Dark Lord turned around and the very look almost had Wormtail cringe. The look in the Dark Lord's eyes wasn't of anger or disgust, but of a heavy sorrow like he had been delivered the most heart-breaking news. Voldemort took a deep breath, his hand crushing the letter, before speaking. 

"I am making an announcement," Voldemort whispered, "The war is over." 

"Pardon me, sir?" Wormtail blurted out. 

"THE WAR IS OVER!" Voldemort scream, "No one is going to kill anyone anymore. We make our peace treaty as soon as possible. Get Fenrir! I want him and his packs to personally obtain the Golden Trio. And no harm to the one called Hermione Granger! I want nothing awful to happen to her! If so much as a scratch is laid upon her, I will rip the person in two! Do you understand?" 

Not wanting to upset his master, he nodded while mumbling a 'yes, my lord' and rushing out of there, wondering what had happened to him.